• Report: #1119119

• Updated: Tue, January 28, 2014

• Reported By: Charlotte — Los Angeles California
Match.com
Los Angeles, Select State/Province USA

Match.com The will rip you off with their miss leading "promotions" and sign in process Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: match is a scam

I signed up for Match.com last week. The pricing information and selection was a bit misleading in that I thought I selected the basic 3 months for $22.99 a month. Well when I checked it out said I was charged $239 and I was surprised. Of course they didn't make it easy to fix the issues. I emailed them immediately and the email stated they would respond to me with in 24 hours. Well, Match.com did not respond. So I called to let them know there was an error made in the selection and let them know I caught it as soon as I completed the registration as proof in the email I sent with in the minute I made the transaction. Well needless to say they are not able to refund my payment of $239. What they will do is charge me $45 for use of the service for the 6 days between the time of signing up and the time I finally got to speak to someone. They are unreliable, their customer serve is horrible and I can't believe that they could not refund me my payment. I even ask them to just adjust the payment and give me the 3 months basic package and refund me the difference and they basically said NOPE - NO CAN DO. So I am stuck paying $45 for less then a weekend of crapy service. They didn't even address their "Guarantee" of someone responding to your email within 48 hours. SO much of a guarantee. THEY ARE AWEFUL. Don't DO IT.. go to E******* (((REDACTED))) OR SOMEWHERE ELSE>

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2014 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Matchcom/Los-Angeles-Select-StateProvince-75225/Matchcom-The-will-rip-you-off-with-their-miss-leading-promotions-and-sign-in-process-L-1119119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Match.com

match is a scam

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

As is Christian Mingle - the commercials say that signing up is free but you have to pay a butt load of money just to be on their worthless site.  I am sorry you got scammed.