Complaint Review: Match.com

• Submitted: Thu, July 21, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, September 20, 2005

• Reported By:Jacksonville Florida
Match.com
P.O. Box 940689 Plano, Texas U.S.A.

Match.com ripoff Plano Texas

*Consumer Comment: match.com

Do not let all the marketing, advertisements and commercials fool you. This online dating service makes all their money on their auto renewals.

When I initially signed up there was a box that automatically defaulted to agree to auto renew once your subscription was up. I unchecked the box and now 6 months later they charged my credit card.

My renewed service starts today and I called in to just get a refund and they would not issue a refund. First of all I never agreed to the auto renewal which they claim that I did and this is not like a product I opened and am trying to return without a receipt.

It is a service- which they can of course issue a refund, especially if I have not utilized the service. This is company is not about sincerely wanting you to meet your MATCH. It is about money.

I spoke with several people and NO ONE was able to help me. The way they spoke to me and how short they were with me, is terrible customer service. BUYER BEWARE. You might be better off checking out EHARMONY. I am going to dispute this with my credit card company.

Ben
Jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2005 01:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Matchcom/Plano-Texas-75094/Matchcom-ripoff-Plano-Texas-150722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Match.com

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Eharmony sucks too. They all do. I totally agree with you on as well as anyone else. They are all out to make money big time and its sickening.

go to 8minute dating. You might not get a date but you can talk to people that are there.