Complaint Review: Match.com

• Reported By:Akron Ohio
Match.com
www.match.com Internet U.S.A.

Match.com Advertise Refunds and Then Refuse When Asked For Internet

I signed up for match.com and then realized I would not have the time to follow through, or the interest at this point, etc. Anyway, I cancelled 2 days later. They have a policy to refund your money within 3 business days. Here are copies of the emails that I sent them and their response:

(There was a bunch of other random, computer generated, stuff as well talking about how to cancel, etc. Nothing about what I was asking about so I'll only put the pertinent info.)

Me: Signed up and got rid of my subscription within 3 days. Was still charged and have not received anything saying I will be refunded as promised. Not happy about how difficult it is to contact anyone and amazed at the numerous complaints about this company. Please tell me that I'm not one of the many...

Response: Thank you for contacting Match.com.

We received your inquiry regarding a refund.

Match.com maintains a no refund policy, therefore we are unable to process a refund on your account.

(And then more computer-generated stuff about how to resign the account...which has already been done, so again, stuff that I don't need to know about)

Me: Just to be clear, you are saying on this email that you have a no-refund policy but on the website you say you will refund within 3 business days. Just so I can post this on the Internet and let everyone know and move forward towards claims of false advertising and involve the thousands of people who are rightly pissed off with you people. Thank you for your understanding.

I haven't been involved in such a clear case of lying and deceit. I truly cannot believe this company is still in business. If anyone reads this, do a random search about customer "satisfaction" with this company. You'll be amazed! Or maybe not...

Brian
Akron, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2009 08:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Matchcom/internet/Matchcom-Advertise-Refunds-and-Then-Refuse-When-Asked-For-Internet-439409. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Match.com