Complaint Review: Match.com

• Submitted: Tue, July 01, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, July 01, 2014

• Reported By: Gretchen — Grand Rapids Michigan
Internet USA

Match.com Automatic charge on my credit card which I did not authorize and they refused to give a refund. Dallas, TX Internet

I signed up for a free weekend trial through Match.com.  They require your payment info to sign up which I entered.  I tried to cancel my free trial online in which they charged me 197.00 for an entire year.  I called the helpline immediately for a refund, and was told my subscription woud be cancelled.  Apparently, they do not see cancelling a subscription to equal a refund.  I was not refunded my money and my subscription was not terminated.  I called again three days later to confirm my cancellation, as well as show my confirmation email.  They were very rude to me, they insisted I would not get a refund, and kept my 197.00.

Grand Rapids, MI

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2014 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Matchcom/internet/Matchcom-Automatic-charge-on-my-credit-card-which-I-did-not-authorize-and-they-refused-t-1158762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Match.com