Complaint Review: Match.com

• Reported By:Columbia Tennessee
Match.com
www.match.com Internet U.S.A.

Match.com Flat out lied! Internet

I am new in my area and decided to try out and join Match.com. I have used their competitior, eharmony, in the past and it was a rip-off. For the past week, daily I have received notices on my profile, that I could try the service for free for 3 days. When I attempted to do this I was not allowed to. Then when I called Match.com on the number that I was provided for them online, I was asked to sign up for the service and was told by the operator from Match.com that I would not be charged for the service until after the three day initial trial period had expired. I gave the telephone operator all of the pertinent info they needed for my credit card and asked them when this would be charged and was told once again at the end of the 3rd day. While on the phone with this operator I was informed that I had already used my 3 day trial. I informed the operator that I had not. I had only used my "winks" for free. They put me on hold for an extended amount of time and then came back and informed me that my credit card had been declined. They charged my credit card while I was on the phone with them, while telling me they would not charge it for 3 days. I informed the operator that I would report them to the ripoff report as they were misleading and flat out lying to their customers. By the way the catch to their guarantee is that you must email 5 different profiles every month and renew your membership at the end of a six month period in order to get your money back if your matches do not work out. What a RIP OFF!!!! They are just taking peoples monies while lying to them while they are on the phone with them.

I was treading lightly about joining this process but had several of my friends do very well with Match.com and that is why I decided to do this. Never again!

I should have read all of the reports about their service here.

They are doing a bait and switch of sorts and lying about the way they do business.

Anonymus
Columbia, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2009 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Matchcom/internet/Matchcom-Flat-out-lied-Internet-407845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Match.com