Complaint Review: Match.com

• Submitted: Wed, April 03, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, April 03, 2013

• Reported By: reross — New Cumberland Pennsylvania
Match.com

Match.com Match Guarantee - Guaranteed they'll take your money and not honor the free 6 month guarantee, Internet

Match.com advertises a guarantee which states that you'll get another 6 months free if you're not sucessful in your 1st 6 month membership. They have certain qualifying criteria, but apparently if you meet this criteria, they will not honor the guarantee.

I was told it was after 30 days so they couldn't tell me why I didn't qualify. I had called and emailed before the end of my initial membership, but they wouldn't reply to the issue. If you hold long enough to speak with a supervisor, they will give you the run-around. I had met all the quallifying criteria.

I called and the person who answered the phone offered me 25% off another membership and a 6 month guarantee. Of course since they wouldn't provide any explanation as to why they wouldn't honor it previously I declined and was put on hold for a supervisor to get a refund. I called back again after the call was dropped and another rep told me the same thing as the 1st which I again declined.

The supervisor I eventually spoke with said that the guarantee is only for new subscriptions, and he couldn't go back that long to provide a reason why I didn't get it. He also said they never offer the guarantee on anything but new memberships. I explained to him that that's exactly what had been offered to me twice that morning, including from the rep that transferred my call to him. He couldn't explain and only provided his pat reply that he couldn't offer the guarantee.

It is obvious to me that Match.com is advertising a guarantee that they have absolutely no plans to actually provide. They should probably at least get their stories straight among the reps and supervisors.

I also went into my settings on the web site to make sure my auto renewal feature was off, since I was surprised by a 6 month renewal deucted from my checking account. On at least 2 occasions, after turning this feature off, my checking account was debited. Somehow this feature mysteriously get's turned back on prior to expiration.

Now I see that many other people have similar experiences. This is a wide spread scam that is effectly many thousands of people. We need to make sure that the AG's office is very awair of this and does something about it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2013 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Matchcom/internet/Matchcom-Match-Guarantee-Guaranteed-theyll-take-your-money-and-not-honor-the-free-6-m-1040307. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Match.com