Complaint Review: Match.com

• Submitted: Mon, March 01, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, March 01, 2010

• Reported By: John — Burbank California United States of America
Match.com

Match.com They made it hard to cancel and to claim my six month guarantee Internet

I fulfilled the terms of the six month guarantee.  I clicked on the link to validate it and the page said "Sorry! We're experiencing a problem processing your selection.  Please call 1-800-Match for additional assistance."  This is obviously BS.  By the way, this message was integrated into the page and not a pop-up error message or an error page.  So I called the number and was on hold for 10 minutes before I could talk to someone.  He had to "verify" it with his "supervisor" twice.   I should be good now, but once my six months is up, I won't be renewing.  I don't like being jerked around.

Also, I had been a member before and when I tried to cancel my membership, I got the same or similar error message and had to call in.  Everything on the site works fine, except when you try to cancel your membership or claim your free time.  If you do decide to join this site, make sure you pay with a check and not your credit card.

-"arnoldrichter"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2010 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Matchcom/internet/Matchcom-They-made-it-hard-to-cancel-and-to-claim-my-six-month-guarantee-Internet-576296. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Match.com