• Report: #194799

• Reported By:Jackson New Jersey
Match.com
Internet U.S.A.

Match.com ripoff Internet

*Author of original report: Maybe that was my first mistake

*Author of original report: More about Robert and his pointless rebuttals

*Author of original report: Yes

*Consumer Suggestion: Joseph,

*Consumer Comment: I'm plenty mad at her also

*Author of original report: Peter

*Consumer Comment: Why mad at match.com?

*Author of original report: oh Omniscient ones

*Consumer Comment: The first half of your rebuttal is correct

*Consumer Comment: You're absolutely right ....

*Author of original report: They do not verify identity

*Author of original report: Oh yeah. I lied. Dolt

*Consumer Comment: So you lied in your previous posts?

*Author of original report: So how is it not a violation on their part

*Consumer Comment: You want them to violate federal law?

*Consumer Comment: Disappointing

*Author of original report: Can you belive these jokers

This company allowed someone to fraudulently enter a profile AND contact information on me.They obviously did nothing to prove my identity while posting this information.I've emailed them at customer service to try to get the information used to find out who did this.They have not responded.For all I know even the credit card used to enter the profile was mine.I will update this report on the outcome.

Joseph
Jackson, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2006 07:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Matchcom/internet/Matchcom-ripoff-Internet-194799. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Match.com

Maybe that was my first mistake

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

Maybe when I e mailed SDI labs and spelled prove correctly instead of proove as I did in the previous post they and Robert did not know what the word meant cosidering they think lose is spelled loose as the spamcop file shows. So I've used a phonetic spelling of the word in my previous post. My profile has been removed from Match.com wich makes me happy.

Now Robert can search ripoffreport.com some more and find more of my reports to ineffectively rebutt. Hopefully his nanny has done more to overcome her accent so she actually reads the posts to him properly as I don't see where I've contradicted anything I've said in the previous posts. This is the last time I intend to comment at all on any of his nonsense because this site has not been set up for this reason at all.

More about Robert and his pointless rebuttals

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

I am going to Conecticut next month. During this time I will stop by my storage unit and grab my USA Powerlifting trophies and the issues of Powerlifting USA that I appear in as well as meet results to photograph and add to my posts where this stalker accuses me of lying. I'm only going to do this to further show what kind of moron he is for issueing posts that he has knowledge of. The only post that he's issued that makes any sense in the one on creatine on sdi labs. He copied and pasted it from the internet into a rebuttal box.

He still can't issue any proof that any SDI stuff has any value nor can he justify the outrageous price for products that can be bought anywhere else for one tenth of the price.Furthermore my posts under legalsteroids do not say that these products are banned but that they would be if they showed the kind of effectiveness the company claims.USAPL uses the same doping guidelines put forth by the IOC.

By the way I've asked Robert on many occassions of proof of any of what he claims. He cannot provide any so he instead tries to insult me. It will bring me great pleasure to prove him wrong and to shut up anyone who misuses this site as he does, I've posted much of what I've said about sdi as stated by others in bodybuilding forums that I've copied and pasted to ROR.

So if Robert would like to rebutt anything about SDI then he should provide hard proof that the nonsense works and justify the outrageous prices.They don't have any proof that the stuff works so all of the money goes to advertising rather than R&D.

If anyone doubts me please e mail the company ((email redacted by ROR))and ask them for proof that the stuff works. If you even do get a response it will be an insulting e mail doing everything to not answer your question as many of the posts from bodybuilding forums state. What is wrong with this guy following me into other ripoff reports just to insult me. Maybe it's just roid rage or frustration over the fact that he cannot issue an intelligent rebuttal. As the size of the files on sdi labs grow in ripoffreport it will become easier for search engine to select for the first page of a search of SDI or legalsteroids.

I will post all following updates about legalsteroids.com where they belong instead of under other ripoff reports like this one. And I am not the only one who has stated that Robert is out of his mind with his posts. Someone else rebutted his nonsense under SDI also. He just got mad and failed to effectively argue that on too.

Over time when more people learn about ROR you will see hundreds of reports by people who have already destroyed them in other forums. To proove how stupid thid company is check out the files on Spamcop. They were reported for spam about a product to LOOSE weight. The word is lose.

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

Please do see my ripoff report on legal steroids. Everything that Robert says is 100 percent wrong just like his idiotic rebuttal here. This idiot chases me around this website just teying to get under my skin. He is in fact a total moron. I'm not on a Hooveround at all because I've suffered amputations of my fingers and toes. And yes I can still type because I do have remnants of some fingers.

Robert isn't doing any better at effectively rebutting anything here either. So please everyone who reads this rebuttal just see his others on legalsteroids. Like this on he has nothing constructive or intelligent to offer. So this idiot should just stay in the bodybuilding forums where he can lie about SDI labs products and legalsteroids.com. Oh wait he can't do that either because I've found nearly 100 derogatory posts about them and someone else rebutted his moronic post on my ripoff report. So instead of chasing me around ripoff report why don't you read a book or something because everything that you post is wrong. Eveytime I send an e mail to legalsteroids Robert shows up to try to bash me. Because he works for them and has to bash me because the company has absolutely no proof that their garbage works. And Robert has no idea why ripoffreport is here either. He just likes insulting people because his mother didn't hold him enough and he doesn't feel good about himself and his junk company.

Give the guy a break

AUTHOR: Roberta - (U.S.A.)

The point isn't that the guy has issues with his family relationships. (Who doesn't?) The point is that it's unacceptable that match.com doesn't verify ID.

Joseph is right to go to a lawyer. I'd call the police too. If he can verify his identity to match.com (as he obviously can, since it's him) they should certainly tell him who signed him up. In fact, they should not even allow a user to purchase the service unless the credit card name matches the profile name. Of course, that would cost them money.

It's tragic how in the past 15 years, every time someone makes a valid point people come back with personal attacks. Really lowers the level of discourse. You people need an education in critical thinking.

RP

Here's more funn stuff

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Go to http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff190635.htm for some very funny reading from Joseph.

"I only wish I could face you in my other sport, Full contact karate for World Oyama and boxing under a pro boxer who defeated Leon Spinks in his first pro fight ten years ago. I can't wait til you have someone read this to you. It must look like code with all of these syllables. Can't wait to hear your proof of any accomplishment."-Joseph 6/1/06

Yep, he powerlifts, AND competes in Karate tournaments, while rolling around in his Hoverround.

This guy is just too funny. And to think Joe Piscopo can't get anymore comedy gigs.

read his other report Peter

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

He claims to be a powerlifter who competes. He claims that the stuff(legalsteroids.com) he bought is illegal for competition, yet bought it anyway. He claims the stuff doesn't work, but buys it anyway. He even claims to be 165 pounds and a champion. Then he can't remember who, where, what, when, etc about ANY of the trophies he says he won. I suggested he look at the engraving on the trophies for that information, but it never came.

Nothing he says stays the same from one post to another. That report is exactly like this one. The story changes every day. The best part is, as his story changes, he ends up agreeing with what was already stated(factual information) by others(me), that he denied at first.

Funny stuff.

Yeah. I need to get a life

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

I responded to these rebuttals but I could not tell you how many times in the span of how many hours. So who needs to get a life? I like the fact that people are responding with such weak rebuttals. The fact of the matter is I am disabled as of last year so I do have time to respond. That is the whole idea behind this site. People responding to my reports and rebuttals with opinions of me are not only basing them on speculation but misusing this site. So thamks for making me look all that much more credible.

#8 Consumer Suggestion

Joseph,

AUTHOR: D - (U.S.A.)

You REALLY need to get a life man. YOU have responded to this site a total of 8 TIMES! in the time frame of just under 53 HOURS! Your sister is doing you a favor by signing you up for Match.com you don't seem to have a love life to be responding in the early hours of the morning most times. Please respond, as I know you will. And one last thing, I would LOVE to be there at your next family get together.

I'm plenty mad at her also

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

But I don't understand how Match.com allows people other than yourself to post your name on their site.She could not have done this if Match.com did not allow it.So I have addresed the issue with my sister directly.But Match.com did not respond to one sigle e mail on this matter.But they did send the password to my address.This is why I'm furious with Match.com.If I find out that I'm entitled legal action.They can deal with other parties after the fact.Still waiting for confirmation on action.God forbid my long term girlfriend saw this fraudulent profile.These are thing that Match.com should make an effort to avoid.They're in the business of hooking couples up but risk destroying a beautiful long standing relationship.My girlfriend would eventually understand once I came up with enough facts.Hope this explains.

Peter

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

Being that Peter has to check a box saying everything he enters in his update is truthful Match.com did give him my information. But of course it was wrong. So thank you Peter for testifying on this site that they gave you my information
I also apoligize for my previous spelling errors. I do not type well.

AUTHOR: Jamie - (U.S.A.)

Your sister must be a real piece of work to put up a fraudulent ad of you on their site.

oh Omniscient ones

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

What does Match.com do to ensure information is not entered fraudulently. None. No verification of identity. So why don't we all go onto the site and enter information on all of our married friends?

Keep rebutting this report. Eventually when someone opens this under search it will show one hundred entries. That'll drive business up. It figures someone with Peters mentality would defend such a company in this way. I'm perfectly secure in my heterosexuality. So your neanderthal comments just bounce off.

The first half of your rebuttal is correct

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

I am right. They obviously let anyone pose as whoever they want. You can rebutt this until you are blue in the face. If the email address was secure enough to send the password then they should be able to send who posted the report.
The fact is they could not BECAUSE THEY DO NOT VERIFY IDENTITY. You cannot argue that. So why don't you come back with a rebuttal that makes sense. Or here's an idea. Try basing it on fact. All my statements are fact and am willing to testify in a civil court. So please,keep poking the bee hive. Someone's gonna get stung.

You're absolutely right ....

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

You're absolutely right ... Match.com cares so little about your identity that I contacted them and was able to get your full name, address, shoe size, favorite color, and your sister's password which apparently she uses for "everything" as you say. They even told me that you are really a transexual who posts on their site looking for dates with men. It's amazing how much information they just give out to anyone who asks. Thanks for passing along info on their lax security. It has been quite amusing.

They do not verify identity

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

Unlike two online credit report agencies that I actually do belong to. Match.com does not take your privacy seriously. They do not verify that you've given permission to have your profile posted. So anyone can post your name on this service without your prior knowledge or consent. If you wish to rebutt this match.com,please tell all of the readers how you stop someone from doing this. You don't. You just care about the money they pay!

Oh yeah. I lied. Dolt

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

For your information I did not lie. I figured out who did this because the company you portray as being so security concious wuldn't send the information I ask for to my e mail address but I clicked on forgot my password and within a few hours it was in the mailbox that "was not secure". So the excuse that they did nothing based on security is nonsense.

My sister always uses the same password if she sets up an acct. When I saw it I knew. She still denied it but another relative admitted she told him she did it. So if she's denying it she won't very well remove it.

Your stalking reference is ridiculus. Why would I be stalking myself and ask them to identify the person who put me on. It's obvious given your passionate defense that you work for the company as I told them I filed and you appeared out of nowhere.

So once again. Match.com allowed someone other than myself to post my name and profile. Would not tell me who did this. Took no sterps to see that my identity was confirmed before postig my profile. And started sending my duplicate e mails almost every day saying someone had viewed my profile.

And now since they've decided to put an employee on this site rather than even answer ONE SINGLE A MAIL WITH ANY RESPONSE. i WILL UPDATE EVERY MONTH SO WHEN SOMEONE LOOKS THEM UP ON ROR THEY ARE SURE TO SEE MY REPORT. So thanks for nothing Match.com

So you lied in your previous posts?

AUTHOR: Scott - (U.S.A.)

In 2 responses you were complaining because you were trying to find out who posted a profile for you.

Now in the latest post you say your sister did it. Maybe you should stop blaming others for your family's problems.

Why not just "nicely" ask your sister to remove or deactivate the profile?

If your sister won't remove the profile or give the information you need to do it yourself, then you had better be prepared to take legal action against your sister before Match.com (or any internet entity, for that matter)will do anything about it.

So how is it not a violation on their part

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

If they only require so little information to put a profile on.What makes you think they care about the law or someones privacy.I asked them to send the information to the e mail address that was on my profile that belongs to me.Sending unsolisited e mails is also a violation of federal law.So why are you defending them anyway? And my sister put me on because she doesn't get along with my present longtime girlfriend.It's not like I stuck my nose and opinion where it's not wanted.Like you did.So maybe while they're extorting money from lonely people.They should spend some money on improving security.My attorney is looking into this matter.So revisit that.

You want them to violate federal law?

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

It would be a violation of federal privacy law to tell you WHO is behind any match.com profile, real or not. You cannot demand that match.com provide you with this info, just as match.com cannot determine based on your limited info that your story is true. From their perspective, you could possibly be making up your story in an attempt to gain information on a person (aka, stalking a person). It is for this very reason that privacy laws such as this exist. Perhaps you should revisit other issues at hand here. Specifically, what have you done that would cause another individual to reproach you in this manner?

Disappointing

AUTHOR: Giselle - (U.S.A.)

Its really disappointing to read all the complaints here against Match.com. I thought they were better than that. Oh well. I know I won't be signing up.

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

Match.com still has not respondind to e mails inquiring about information about who put my profile on their site. Great customer service huh? I guess they don't care about peoples privacy if they let someone enroll me without my knowledge and won't even give me any information as to who did it. 06/07/06

promptly