Complaint Review: Mate 1.com

• Reported By: Bocefus13 — Butternut Wisconsin United States of America
Mate 1.com
334 Cornelia Street #354 Internet United States of America

Mate 1.com Ignored but still paying! Plattesburgh, Internet

I had signed up for a 3 day FREE trial to Mate1 to check out the usual profiles and to see what happened thereafter.  I had to put in my debit card number in order to get the trial but was assured on screen that it would not be billed as long as I followed the steps.
By the second day of the "FREE" trial I had followed the instructions that it stated which was to go to "my account" and click on the "cancel" subscription button.  I did and wrote an email to them as to why.
I stated very clearly that I did not want to be billed for this service and did not find it useful.
I waited and waited for several days and then heard nothing.  I got my bank account statement and there was a direct withdrawal for $50.35 from my checking account.  I had gone home and written another email and repeated the cancellation steps twice that day.  Still nothing.
I tried to find a phone number for Customer Services on the web site but found none at all.  I finally Googled the name and asked for a telephone number.
I had received the wrong number, right company but wrong department.
I called and called and finally after several unsuccessful attempts I found the Customer Service number and called it.  I listened to ten minutes of terrible music then the line went dead.  I repeated this process seven times that day, I still never talked to anyone.
I went directly to my bank, which I should have done immediately, and had them stop payment for the following month.  I had been ripped off for two straight months. I take part blame for not acting sooner but what kind of company does this to people?  I know there all tons of them out there but that goes to show you that they can take and take but you never get a chance to get back your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2010 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mate-1com/internet/Mate-1com-Ignored-but-still-paying-Plattesburgh-Internet-553241. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mate 1.com