Handle

• Submitted: Mon, March 29, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, December 11, 2011

• Reported By: Skip Niemierzycki — Winter Park Florida United States of America
Mate1 dating

Mate1 dating I corresponded with female a few times. She seemed legit until I received a "copy paste" of same correspondence I had received prior from same. I questioned Mate1 asking if Ambassadors weren't their Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Online Ambassadors

Corresponded with "Ambassador" female who I thought was legitimate.  After 3 weeks or so, received copy of same correspondence I had received three weeks prior.  This gave rise to my suspicion, plus on one of the later chats she referred to me as "sweetie".  I e mailed Mate1 asking about their Ambassador designation.  They never replied.  I cancelled membership.  What this means, based on the article by the young lady I have just looked at, the displayed photo(s) as well as the correspondence are false!  This is a scam of the greatest magnitude.  Money, time, and people's feelings are being played with; this is truly a despicable act.  I callculate that 95% of the responses I received were scams; this is bad enough.  Now, we haear from a company that is working alongside the scammers, scamming as well, and paying someone to do it! This is even more grievous! I have lost complete faith in the computer dating business, and anyone who thinks they are getting a real person, behind some real honest, truthful writing, is in for a very rude awakening! The computer dating service is teaming with ripoff scoundrels; you really have no idea how many! Mate1 should be the first to be put out of business post haste.

Skip

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2010 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mate1-dating/internet/Mate1-dating-I-corresponded-with-female-a-few-times-She-seemed-legit-until-I-received-a-586838. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mate1 dating

Online Ambassadors

AUTHOR: Mate1_Support - (Canada)

First off, were sorry to hear youve had trouble contacting us. Mate1.com is committed to finding solutions for its members and offers some of the best Customer Support available in the online dating industry, including 7-day-a-week toll-free phone support(1-888-688-4760, or 514 907-0015 if you are outside North America), round-the-clock email support support@mate1.com, as well as a live chat support feature available during normal business hours. Many similar sites offer only limited support options, some lacking even a phone number to get in touch with their staff. Were even open for most holidays, and we post specific holiday hours directly on our Contact Us page when were not.

For your convenience, here is a direct link to our sites Help/Contact Us page, which contains most of our contact options as well as our FAQ.

You'll actually see, right on our FAQ page, we've outlined the role of our Online Ambassadors:

"From time to time, Mate1.com employs individuals who are interested in
corresponding with a large number of members. These members are labeled
"OA" or "Online Ambassador". The role of the Online Ambassador is to
familiarize other members with the workings of Mate1 and to help
integrate them into the Mate1 community."

If you have any complaints about our online ambassadors you should definitely contact us.

For additional options, please access our Help/Contact Us page from within your account itself after logging in, which you can do from this link: