Complaint Review: Mate1.com Or Mate1

• Submitted: Sun, January 10, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, January 14, 2010

• Reported By: Ripped Off — Other United States of America
Mate1.com Or Mate1

Mate1.com Or Mate1 False job offering. Never responded, despite my many attempts to get them to return my messages. Internet

*Author of original report: Mate1 responded

I found an ad, while job searching online, looking for ambassadors to work on Mate1 about 2 weeks ago. I applied and received an email shortly after, asking me to create and fill out my profile. I did that. After about a week, I sent them an e-mail, inquiring about the position, to see if it was still available. If not, I would request that they close my account. Never got a personal response back from them. I wrote:

"I was searching through a job database when I found a link to Mate1,
claiming they were looking for 'ambassadors'. Interested in a
position, as I have had great success with Mate1 using their dating
services, I applied for the ambassador position and filled out my
profile, as asked of me. I'm wondering now if this was just a ploy to
get people to sign up to Mate1 in hopes of obtaining a job. If you
have no intention of hiring me for the position I applied for, could
you please let me know this week and remove my profile entirely and
immediately from the site? I do not wish to be a part of a scam. If
the job is really available and there are just no places available
right now, could you please at least let me know? Thank you."

I got an e-mail on jan 3rd from their auto-response system:

Ticket#: 2010010313004115

"Thank you for your feedback!

We appreciate you helping us with our ongoing efforts to improve the site for our members.

We will look at the pros and cons of your suggestions and hopefully try to implement them in future updates to Mate1.

If you have a billing, membership or general site inquiry, please contact Customer Support.

If you have a technical issue, please contact Technical Support.

If you are reporting an abusive or fraudulent member, please click on File Complaint or Report a Problem within a member's profile, or use Report System Abuse under Help Contact Us.

If you need us to follow up with you, we'll be happy to assist you further from the correct department.  Please allow several business days for a reply."

Got an automated response on jan 7th saying this:

"Thank you for your email to us!

Please note that replies to email notifications or photo requests do NOT reach the member who contacted you.  Please contact the member directly through the site instead.

Otherwise, we are hard at work to try and keep up with your email inquiries.  Thanks for your patience.

For faster service, we highly recommend you instead select a topic from our Help/Contact Us page, under Customer Service.  This directs the email to the right place and will result it in both being seen, and answered, more promptly.

For your convenience, here is a direct link:

To remove any unwanted profile with us, please log in one final time and remove your account under Your Settings."

I waited a few more days, sent another e-mail asking the same thing. Another one again, a few days later. Still no personal response.

Lucky me, got a ticket number! Ticket#: 2010010713001816

Tell me .. what good is a ticket number when noone gets back to you? Where is this so-called 'job' anyway? Just imagine how many 'applicants' just like me, signed up to become ambassadors and ended up just helping them to fill the pages of the site to make them look more full, earning them more money! Just like the previous poster said. I'm considering what was said about the 'ambassador' position and what may be required of me if I was hired,. It certainly didn't seem that way when I read about the position, but then again, it never mentioned that I'd create a profile and go through all this trouble, never get a response to my e-mails. I wonder if anyone from Mate1 cares to chime in here. I'd be interested in knowing how they justify this 'position' and why applicants never get their e=mails returned!

I'll post back if I actually get a response from them. Until then, I will continue to e-mail them daily.

- S

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2010 12:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mate1com-Or-Mate1/internet/Mate1com-Or-Mate1-False-job-offering-Never-responded-despite-my-many-attempts-to-get-t-551824. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mate1.com Or Mate1

Mate1 responded

AUTHOR: Ripped Off - (United States of America)

Well, finally got a response, albeit a short one, from Mate1 on the status of their job offer. Wonder what took so long for them to finally offer up a personal response. Case closed. That was a nice waste of time but hey, imagine all the suckers like me, who filled out a profile, in hopes of obtaining a job, only to find one doesn't exist and furthermore, nothing is offered in the way of a personal response unless you hammer at them and/or file a complaint with Ripoff report.com! Sneaky but is it a scam? If not, it's one hell of a deceptive way to get signups, isn't it, Mate1?

Thanks for making me waste my time filling out my profile for absolutely nothing! Below, their wonderful personal response (it's ironic how the automated one was more personal!)! ;)

- Ripped Off

"Hello,

Thanks for your interest in becoming an Online Ambassador for Mate1.com.  Unfortunately, I'm unable to offer you a position at this time.

Per your request, we've removed your profile from our website.  Thanks again for your interest.

Very truly yours,