Complaint Review: Mate1.com & Webcam.com

• Updated: Thu, June 11, 2009

• Reported By:Forster Other
Mate1.com & Webcam.com
4200 Saint-Laurent Blvd Suite 550, Montreal, Quebec Canada

Mate1.com & Webcam.com Mate1 member enticed me away from site to chat on yahoo and then tried to solicit money from me Montreal Quebec

In reference to Mate1 Online Ambassadors.

Mate1 members are offered money every time they are viewed on webcam. It costs $4.99 (not 100% certain of actual fee, but from memory I think it is correct. I have not returned to this website since I uncovered this info) to subscribe to Webcam.com then you are free to view Mate1 members via a web cam.I am not sure if Webcam.com are in cohorts with Mate1 but I reckon there is a very high possibility that they are.

If those Mate1 members attract a high number of viewers, they are asked if they would like to become an Online Ambassador and be paid at a higher rate for people viewing them on web cam.I implore anyone who wishes to view members on web cam to refuse those requests, you are at risk of being burnt.

A Mate1 Online Ambassador enticed me away from the Mate1 site to chat on yahoo and then tried to solicit money from me.They nearly succeeded in scamming me out of $400AU which they requested to be sent via Western Union money transfer. Due to my suspicious character, I did not provide the recipient with the Money Transfer Collection Number (MTCN) and I am lucky to be only out of pocket for the $43AU transfer fee.

Bryan
Forster
Australia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2009 05:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mate1com-Webcamcom/Montreal-Quebec-H2W-2R2/Mate1com-Webcamcom-Mate1-member-enticed-me-away-from-site-to-chat-on-yahoo-and-then-tr-460604. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mate1.com & Webcam.com