Complaint Review: Mate1.com

• Submitted: Thu, February 26, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 26, 2009

• Reported By:louisville Kentucky
Mate1.com
334 Cornelia St Plattsburgh, New York U.S.A.

Mate1.com will not remove pictures and profile from the site Plattsburgh New York

*Consumer Comment: Mate1.com is using an address which is actually located at a mail drop in Plattsburgh, NY!

I became involved with this web dating site nearly 1 year ago.Since that time I have tried numerous times and numerous way to cancel my profile that included pics of me. They will not allow me to remove my profile and pics.

I have now found out that they have numerous sites many adult dating sites, I am afraid they are using my likness on these sites or luring men in with my information.I am very afraid that some crazy man will see me on there and persue me!!

Has this happened to any one else? I am thinking of getting legal advice.

Vail
louisville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2009 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mate1com/Plattsburgh-New-York-12901/Mate1com-will-not-remove-pictures-and-profile-from-the-site-Plattsburgh-New-York-428667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mate1.com

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

A legitimate company would not be using a mail drop in a town which is 20 miles from the Canadian border! This usually indicates an unscrupulous Canadian scam artist who thinks that he can hoodwink his victims by giving them an American mailing address!

If I were you, I'd file a complaint with the New York State Attorney General's Office and the United States Postal Inspection Service against, not only the company that ripped you off, but Weena Boyle, the owner of "Plattsburgh Mail and Shipping Center", the mail drop which facilitates these kinds of ripoff artists!