Complaint Review: Mateo Academy

• Updated: Tue, January 22, 2013

• Reported By: Ravendawn — Victorville California United States of America
Mateo Academy
14725 Seventh St. Ste. 100 Victorville, California United States of America

Mateo Academy Sam Mateo Demeaning, abusive, and extremely sad. Victorville, California

I myself was a former student at Mateo Academy for long enough to form an opinion on how this place was, and believe me it didn't take too long at all.

All of the negative reports are absolutely true, no stretching of the story or anything, believe me or I'd still be there.

I liked what I was learning and the atmosphere seemed friendly enough to join up.

It didn't take but a few classes to see that the teacher had an arrogant attitude and all his students treated him like king god, even while he was horrible to his family and students, either to their faces or behind their backs it didn't matter.

I've taken several martial arts at several different studios and I understand an element of respect should be present, I'm used to that.

But this place goes wayyy beyond the limits of what anyone would consider normal, pleasant, and comfortable.

I thought I could stick it out and overlook these things and not have it bother me, boy was I wrong.

There is way better training in the high desert than you can find here (for less money), so don't even waste your time with this place, the man is psycho and everyone that puts these positive reviews in about this place, either doesn't know he talks about them, or is one of the close-knit brain charred family members or close friends.

Check it out at your own freaking risk.. I'd avoid this place unless you're an emotional masochist.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2013 11:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mateo-Academy/Victorville-California-92395/Mateo-Academy-Sam-Mateo-Demeaning-abusive-and-extremely-sad-Victorville-California-1001633. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mateo Academy