Complaint Review: Matson Navigation

• Submitted: Sat, June 18, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, June 18, 2011

• Reported By: Bill Leland — Bullhead City Arizona United States of America
Matson Navigation
555-12th st. 8th floor, Oakland, California Long Beach, California United States of America

Matson Navigation Matson Auto shipping Won't accept responsibility of your vehicle after they have custody of same Long Beach, California

I needed to ship my vehicle from Big Island Hawaii to Long Beach, Ca. I with out investigating picked Matson due to their size & length of time in business. Poor method of selection. I paid their fee followed the instructions precisely as I'd heard the horror stories if you failed to adhere to these directions, this being after you paid they can tell you no car not going, you haven't throughly washed your wheel wells take my museum quality 2003 Chevy to checkin inspection, I had to vacuum a few errent leafs from under hood, yes and then wipe the dust from floor of my truck bed
Truck has a shell and sees very little use. finally car accepted. when I say car inspected throughly
a fine tooth comb. I pick up car in Long Beach date I stated. They add on a $105.00 storage fee as car came early. I inspected vehicle no dens glass in tact, I sign their release with wife begin our trip to AZ. where I was being transferred. Discover the passenger electric door lock not operative, then wife finds window not going up and down properly. I stop for fuel walk around to passenger door and notice when I attempted to put key in lock no lock cylinder in door handle. So now I can't lock vehicle, (after some research on line I find this is how the pro's break in to your car called, "punching out the lock" There is nothing missing from inside truck, so I fail to understand why bother breaking in? I write letter to Matson a few days later they respond, last 6 digits of your vin & license plate number. I email to them then their email unless you can prove this occurred on our facility we're denying your claim. I filed a complaint with BBB yesterday. I'm hoping they can accomplish some relief here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2011 06:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Matson-Navigation/Long-Beach-California-90813/Matson-Navigation-Matson-Auto-shipping-Wont-accept-responsibility-of-your-vehicle-after-t-742359. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Matson Navigation