Complaint Review: Matthew S. Chan

• Updated: Mon, November 23, 2009

• Reported By: Ryan — NY New York United States of America
1639 Bradley Park Drive Columbus, Georgia United States of America

Matthew S. Chan Goes from Pedophile to Publisher Columbus, Georgia

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Ari's Multiple Internet Personality Disorder Continues...

*Author of original report: Hey Matthew...

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Recycled Article Comes From Nov. 19, 2007 USA Today article on Sex Offenders

*Author of original report: Sex Offenders

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Yet another Ari Hinnant Alias appears

*General Comment: Matthew S. Chan

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Ari Hinnant of Louisville, Kentucky not Lexington, Kentucky

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Related Scam and Faking Activity

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: A Fake New York Times story by a non-existent NY Times Reporter

Matthew S. Chan goes from
Pedophile to Publisher
The Truth about Predators.

By Kelly Wright
New York Times
November 25, 2009

Twice convicted pedophile is convicted on two counts of molesting two children under the age of 5.

After raping two children I prayed and changed my life.  With the grace of god I no longer desire children.  Anyone can change.
My name is Kelly Wright from Chicago .  Many years ago I dated Matthew and I caught him with my four year old. I was outraged and called the cops. [continued below]....
..... He fled the state and then I found him on Linkdin.com.

USA TODAY reviewed each state's sex-offender registry, searched tens of thousands of addresses and interviewed officials in 45 states after contacting all states. The analysis shows:
Please post the names to convicted child sex offenders.
1. Matthew S. Chan | http://matthewchan.com/
3. Wayne Manning| Very dangerous (Sent in by one of his victims.
I'm a child advocate and I will be telling my story across the country.  Kelly

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2009 12:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Matthew-S-Chan/Columbus-Georgia-31904/Matthew-S-Chan-Goes-from-Pedophile-to-Publisher-Columbus-Georgia-525612. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Matthew S. Chan

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Ari's Multiple Internet Personality Disorder Continues...

"Ryan"/Ari:

What an amazing coincidence that you just got back from Iraq and happen to look me up here on RipOffReport.  I am so sure that the first thing a returning soldier would do when they "just got back from Iraq" and have to leave for Iraq on Friday (the day after Thanksgiving Day?) is to look up someone on this website. I would be interested to see which military unit/brigade/division/infantry/troop/squad/company you are part of that only allows a soldier one week of rest before re-deployment to Iraq on a holiday weekend. It would make interesting news.

You would also have people believe that a soldier would say or write, "Wow! When I met you I thought you were way cool"?

I guess the impersonations and multiple personalities has shifted from being different women to an effeminate solider.

The challenge in you creating and telling fake stories in a public format like this is trying to keep them integrated, credible, and cohesive.  They have to stand up to public scrutiny, the rationality test, and some hint of authenticity.

It is pretty clear by your most recent message that you have given up on the New York Times article angle when you say "I didn't authorize my sister to post this report under my name. I contacted this website to take it down. I don't think they will." You have to because yesterday I found out that this NY Times article was hijacked from the Nov. 19, 2009, USA Today Article "Many Sex Offenders Often Homeless" written by Wendy Koch.

"I see there are three different women you have hurt from this one post. I think my sister may contact Ari to see if she can help her with your court case. Also, my sister is somewhere safe, so you can't hurt her.
" Regarding this quote, it is now about hurt women?  I thought it was about abused children. Has the story shifted from pedophile to woman-beater?

And what is this talk about "Human-Trafficking"?  What does that have to do with anything?  I am now a human trafficker, along with being a woman-beater and pedophile?  I am so sure there are so many people who do all 3 of these things.

Regarding this statement.... "You will never hear from us again accept to tell the parole board to keep you in jail." That sort of implies that I have been convicted of anything AND been in jail all this time. Someone needs to go check public records and the criminal database.  If I had been in jail for all this time, which jail would allow me to operate a real estate, Internet, and publishing business all these years from behind bars?  The answer is NONE, you idiot.

Ari, I am now fully convinced that you are either delusional, have some form of Multiple Personality Disorder, or at the very least, a Compulsive Liar. No one in their sane mind would continue to keeping digging an embarrassing hole for everyone to see. Grow up and act like the 47-year old woman you are.  And changing your Facebook name to from Ari Hinnant to Ari Zkari hides nothing. You are an embarrassment to your father, Ollen and your sister who is a model. You are just a wannabe who lies and fantasizes their way through life.

Each of your posted story is more stupid, ridiculous, and inconsistent than the last. But if you want to keep posting more stories, I am happy to continue writing rebuttals that show how ridiculous you look.

Last thing, if anyone needs to "get some help", it would be you.

Hey Matthew...

AUTHOR: Ryan Burke - (USA)

Matthew,

I just got back from Iraq and was shocked when my sister told me what you did! Then I did a search on you and see you have hurt allot of ladies and their kids. Wow! When I met you I thought you were way cool.

I see there are three different women you have hurt from this one post.  I think my sister may contact Ari to see if she can help her with your court case. Also, my sister is somewhere safe, so you can't hurt her.

Anyway, I didn't authorize my sister to post this report under my name. I contacted this website to take it down. I don't think they will. Friday, I'm going back to Iraq for a year.  I see you have been convicted twice for hurting kids. Wow!

I know God will take care of you and this situation.

I told my sister to let the attorneys and judge take care of you and for her to focus on medical school and her daughter.  You will never hear from us again accept to tell the parole board to keep you in jail.

You have really hurt our family. I will never understand why men want to hurt an innocent precious child. I recommend you see, Human Trafficking Movie on Youtube.com and see the damage you do to these children.

Matt, get some help, please...

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Recycled Article Comes From Nov. 19, 2007 USA Today article on Sex Offenders

AUTHOR: Matthew - (USA)

Ok, this time around we have a "Ryan Burke" (aka guess who?) trying to recycle the "original" NY Times article from November 25, 2009 (but was posted on November 19, 2009).  As I post this, it is November 22, 2009 and Nov. 25, 2009 is still 3 days away!

After doing more Google research, the recycled article "Ryan" posted (but signed by "Kelly") looks to be identical to a USA Today article from November 19, 2007 written by Wendy Koch entitled "Many Sex Offenders Often Homeless", not "Kelly Wright".  Of course, you know I am just shocked that someone else besides "Kelly" wrote the original article.

Interestingly, that last paragraph that conveniently lists my name which "Ryan" posted is NOT in the original USA Today Article from November 19, 2007 by Wendy Koch.

It looks like "Kelly" has been a bad girl reporter plagiarizing Wendy Koch from USA Today. I am going to have to email Wendy Koch and USA Today to bring this to their attention.

Sex Offenders

AUTHOR: Ryan Burke - (USA)

Thousands of convicted sex offenders are reporting to police that they are homeless, raising concerns that their lack of a permanent address could make them difficult to track, a USA TODAY analysis shows. Sex offenders, who are required to register with police and often barred by law from living near places where children gather, list addresses such as a tent, "near a bike path," "behind a cemetery" or "woods behind Wal-Mart." In Boston , nearly two-thirds of 136 high-risk sex offenders lack permanent addresses. In New York City , more than 100 registered at two homeless shelters. In Miami last month, 22 reported living under the Julia Tuttle Causeway that links the city to Miami Beach . "People should be concerned about this," says Jill Levenson, sex-crimes policy analyst at Lynn University in Boca Raton , Fla. She says homeless sex offenders are more likely to commit another crime. USA TODAY reviewed each state's sex-offender registry, searched tens of thousands of addresses and interviewed officials in 45 states after contacting all states.

The analysis shows: Two-thirds of the states allow convicted sex offenders, including violent predators, to register as homeless or list a shelter or inexact location as long as they stay in touch with police. At least a dozen states list hundreds of sex offenders without specific addresses. California registered 2,716 as "transient." Washington state listed 564 as homeless, but the number is probably much higher, says Carolyn Sanchez of the Washington State Patrol. Arkansas , Connecticut , Florida , Illinois , Maine and other states say the number of homeless sex offenders is rising. Landlords often won't rent to them, and laws in dozens of states and hundreds of cities bar them from living near areas where kids play. "Residency restrictions are the linchpin for causing homelessness among sex offenders," says Frances Breyne of the Kansas Department of Corrections. In California , about 500 have registered as "transient" since a law last year blocked them from living within 2,000 feet of a school or park, says Bill Sessa of the California Department of Corrections. They must report daily where they'll spend the night. An exact count of convicted sex offenders who are homeless could not be done because not all state records are online. Some states do not list homeless as an address but allow shelters, post office boxes, highway mile markers and streets without house numbers. Illinois prefers that an offender register as homeless and report weekly to police rather than register once a year and list a shelter where he might stay one night, says Cara Smith, deputy chief of staff to the attorney general. Some states keep sex offenders locked up until they find housing. In Michigan , they are less likely to get parole than murderers, says Russ Marlin, spokesman for the state Department of Corrections. In Georgia , sex offenders can be arrested for being homeless. Homeless sex offenders are not necessarily more dangerous than those with housing, says Laura Rogers, director of the Justice Department's office for tracking sex offenders. She says, "The people you need to be worried about most are the ones who aren't registering at all."

Please post the names to convicted child sex offenders. 1. Matthew S. Chan | http://matthewchan.com/ 2. Gary Garithers | Very dangerous (Sally from GA sent this sex offender in. She dated him) 3. Wayne Manning| Very dangerous (Sent in by one of his victims. I'm a child advocate and I will be telling my story across the country.

Kelly

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Yet another Ari Hinnant Alias appears

AUTHOR: Matthew - (USA)

Ah, another alias from the multiple-personality of Ari Hinnant emerges.  This time it is "Rice Lenta Douglas" from "New Yoir".  Where the heck is "New Yoir"?  I googled that and couldn't find that location.  I also googled "Rice Lenta Douglas".  Hmmm... can't seem to find that person either.

"Rice Lenta Douglas" says she "knows" because we are "related"?  Is that right? Let me get this straight. My name is Matthew Chan where BOTH my parents are of full Chinese heritage. They had 2 first-generation Chinese-American children: me and little sis here in the U.S. How exactly does "Rice Lenta Douglas" from "New Yoir" fit into the Chan family tree that lived in Florida?  Sure, maybe we are connected if we trace our DNA back to "mitochondrial Eve" (look it up if you don't understand that, Ari, Rice or whatever.)

Now "Rice Lenta" says I am wanted in 3 states for hurting children? Which 3 states? Can someone please look this up in the criminal database while I am busying beating up another baby? Was this is after the 2 convictions that the supposed New York Times reporter "Kelly Wright" reported on?  Or is it the "Kelly Wright" with the 4-year old that I supposedly dated in Chicago but ran away and couldn't be found? I guess that means I was so difficult to find since I have been "hiding" while using the Internet since 1999 to market myself and my businesses.

Maybe Rice and Ari are "friends" with "Arnold Lewis Jr" who emailed me this message on October 16, 2009?

"I was going to buy a book from you... then I read that you are a child rapist on Linkdn.  Now I know why you write such mean things about people.  I'm going to spread the word that you are a pedophile.  I will make sure that every social network knows about your past." Email from arnoldlewisjr@gmail.com.

Although I do find it interesting the writing style is so similar to the email I received the day after from ari.hinnant@gmail.com on October 17, 2009.  This is where she calls me a "social path". I guess you can call me a "social path" since I do participate in Social Networking.

I feel sad for you Matt... you are ruining your hard work for a socialpath.  I googled you and you seemed to have had a good online background, just like me.  My work background is spotless, I'm not worried.

I have already reported both of you to the police, FBI, all your social networks and my attorney will be contacting you.  Matt, my attorney just found out that you are a twice convicted sex offender with little baby girls.  Wow!  I will make sure that everyone knows about your past.  I reach about 17 million people monthly through my media network.  I will make sure my network knows all about you.  I will encourage them to post your past everywhere.

I know my background is clean. You have walked down the wrong road!  You are the first pedofile I have ever encountered.  Now, I know where all your anger is coming from.  You're a typical social path.

(All correspondences are forwarded to my legal team, police and FBI.)

According to Ari, I guess the FBI is now on the case. If the FBI needs to speak with me, please let them know my email address is matt30060@gmail.com. I wouldn't want the FBI to think I was "hiding" from them as I go beat up and molest more kids. Funny how Ari mentions "a twice convicted sex offender with little baby girls."  I guess it is the same crime I supposedly committed that "Kelly Wright" wrote about in her New York Times article while living in Chicago.

I have to say, it is getting difficult to keep track of all these "crimes" I supposedly have committed coming from multiple personalities with a variety of yahoo and gmail email addresses.  I am going to need draw a map and scorecard very soon.

But in order for me to do that, I have to go beat up/molest/rape yet another kid or baby so I can steal their crayons.

Eagerly awaiting to see who else will have "just" come forward and "just found" me.

#6 General Comment

Matthew S. Chan

AUTHOR: Rice Lente'' - (United States of America)

I'm in shock that I found Matthew!!!!

He is wanted in three states for hurting children. Wow! I'm going to notify the police. If you see this posting, please please please run for your life!

I read his posting and don't believe a word he says!  My name is Rice Lenta Douglas' and I know all about him. How? We are related and he is bad bad bad news!

Let's get these men off our streets.

Rice

#7 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Ari Hinnant of Louisville, Kentucky not Lexington, Kentucky

AUTHOR: Matthew - (USA)

I made a factual error in the original article when I stated Ari Hinnant was from Lexington, KY. Actually, she is listed in Louisville, KY according to numerous people-search listings found on Google.

#8 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Related Scam and Faking Activity

AUTHOR: Matthew - (USA)

After I posted my rebuttal to the fake New York Times story, it appears another person has reported on the scam and fake activities of Ari C. Hinnant from Louisville, KY.

This is an extensive write-up on the internal workings of Ari C. Hinnant which is entirely consistent with her operating style of assuming fake identities on the Internet and creating fake stories about herself and other people.

The dead giveaway of Ari's writing is that she is a terrible writer and has a terrible sense of writing logic.

And for the conspiracy theorists, NO, I did not write or submit that other report. But clearly that person worked for Ari at some point that knows how Ari operates.

#9 REBUTTAL Individual responds

A Fake New York Times story by a non-existent NY Times Reporter

AUTHOR: Matthew - (USA)

It is regrettable that I have to take the time to write this response letter to a fake New York Times story posted by Ryan.  Except that this poster is not Ryan.  The actual name of the poster is Ari C. Hinnant from Lexington, KY and she has an axe to grind with me. She uses aliases of all kinds on the Internet. She was the proprietor of changeyourlife.org but now has moved that content to zkari.com.

On September 20, 2009, I first reported on Ari C. Hinnant from Lexington, KY who I suspected was a scammer based on her outrageous claims within her spam postings on a LinkedIn Discussion Group.

I did an Internet investigation on her and her now defunct website, changeyourlife.org, and found disturbing claims and I reported it on my blog. As in my prior scam-busting reports, I try to be fair but having dealt with scammers in the past, it is easy to sniff them out.

This first report led to a follow-up report where I was convinced she was engaging in very questionable business practices regarding her previous website, changeyourlife.org.

On October 17, 2009, Ari Hinnant sent me a short email that she was going to report me to the FBI, BBB, and all social networks presumably to tarnish my reputation.  She has lived up to her promise but I could not have predicted she would write a fictitious article about me.

As a businessman who values his reputation, I find her claims and stories about herself quite outrageous. They were outrageous to begin with and her story about me is equally outrageous. The easiest way to refute the pedophile story is to visit the United States Dept. of Justice National Sex Offender Public Website (NSOPW).

Quoting the website:

The Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website (NSOPW), coordinated by the U.S. Department of Justice, is a cooperative effort between Jurisdictions hosting public sex offender registries (Jurisdictions) and the federal government. These Jurisdictions include the 50 states, Puerto Rico, Guam, the District of Columbia, and participating tribes. This Website is a search tool allowing a user to submit a single national query to obtain information about sex offenders through a number of search options.

In other words, you can quickly type anyones name into this database and verify if they have been a convicted sex offender. I am happy to say there are no search results that come close to my name. And for anyone curious, Matthew S. Chan is NOT a pen name. It really is my legal name which I use publicly.

If that isnt good enough, you can visit:

which has links to all 50 states Sex Offender Registries where you can do a name search.

This is twice now that I have caught Ari Hinnant peddling this fictional New York Times story about me. This article has been removed from other websites for very obvious reasons. Since Ripoffreport does not remove posts, I will take the opportunity to expose this story for the joke it really is.

If you read the story, you will find that it contains numerous obvious inconsistencies.

1.    The original post was on November 19, 2009 but the article is from November 25, 2009???  If this article actually existed, where is the direct link to the New York Times article from November 25, 2009?  I think it is actually amazing that a NY Times article from November 25, 2009 was submit and posted to this ripoffreport website on November 19, 2009!!!! This one point puts the credibility of poster "Ryan" in question.

2.    Would the NY Times really cover an unknown person like me? Would they cover a story that has almost no association or connection to New York?  For that matter, with thousands of sex offenders being convicted each year, what makes this particular story so special?  The New York Times is a BIG, respected, newspaper read around the world.  They dont cover small-time, rinky-dink stories.

3.    Would The NY Times really put a direct link to my bio on my website?  In all of the NY Time articles I have written, I have never seen this. They are not in the business to direct Internet traffic to anyone.

4.    I read NY Times articles nearly every day online. The quality of writing and editing is always very high with authentic articles and well-credited. This fictional article is poorly written, fragmented, bad grammar, bad punctuation, and has misspellings especially in the first sections of the article.  In fact, if you read this fictional story carefully, entire passages are plagiarized from other news articles.

5.    Who is this Kelly Wright from the New York Times?  I can find no one by that name associated with the New York Times on Google. Ironically, the article also states a Kelly Wright that I supposedly dated in Chicago. Is this the same Kelly Wright of the NY Times who supposedly wrote the article?  Or is this supposed to be a different Kelly Wright?

6.    Would any reputable reporter actually use a direct bio quote from a self-promotional website as mine?  Matthew S. Chan is the CEO of Ascend Beyond Publishing and the author of several business books, manuals, and audio programs.  I doubt it. A reputable reporter would use different wording and not plagiarize my bio. At the very least, it would be properly attributed.

7.    Would any reputable reporter write a sentence within an article, The reason I'm writing this story is to bring light on the millions of undetected child predators.?  Reputable reporters are never part of the story and would certainly not write in the first-person.

8.    Aside from the link to my website, the other links to familywatchdog.us are dead. I assume that someone at familywatchdog.us verified whatever was posted as fake.

9.    Regarding the Report Photos, how is it that The New York Times would use an image of me that I clearly own and part of my website? The New York Times always takes their own photos or license photos from stock photo companies. Where is the attribution to the photos? Quite simply, the New York Times would never lift photos.

Taken in its entirety, anyone with any kind of basic, analytical ability can quickly deduce that this faked NY Times article is a total sham. Anyone can verify the sex offender status of anyone within the U.S.  And the alleged November 25, 2009 NY Times article posted on November 19, 2009 is laughable.

Although I dislike having to deal with a kook making up stories about me, it has given me the opportunity to expose Ari Hinnant to her ongoing tricks. In many ways, her fictional article has helped substantiate what I have said.  The article she created is so blatantly bad that it simply does not stand up to any kind of reasonable scrutiny.

At this point, I am wondering how The New York Times will react when I bring this issue to their attention. I would assume they dislike someone tarnishing their name.

Sincerely,