Complaint Review: Matthew S Woodward

• Reported By: Lisa — windsor Connecticut United States of America
Matthew S Woodward
Huntsville, Alabama United States of America

Matthew S Woodward Ticket Scam Huntsville, Alabama

Below is the transcript from the scammer that i almost fell for before i saw another report on this site that had the same exact name and e-mail i recieved.  Please do not fall victim to this scam.  It can be done under many names, but the email address to look out for is mattswrd@gmail.com
I contacted a craigslist post for sports tickets and i received a reply say the tickets were available and to purchase them on e-bay. I guess he ends up asking for a money order which e-bay wont protect and never sends the tickets. I stopped talking to him but though that other people should know so that they dont get scammed.

Here is the email.

Hello,
I want $ 300 for the 2 tickets. If you decide to buy all 4 I can lower the price to $ 500 total. The price includes shipping, because i am located in Huntsville, AL. I will deliver the tickets via UPS overnight (UPS fees are paid by me). You will receive them in 24 hrs.
I would like to do this transaction trough eBay for protection ( I'm new on craigslist... ). I will list the tickets on eBay, as a private buy it now auction just for you ! eBay will send you the purchase confirmation with details how to purchase the tickets from me.

If you accept my proposal please reply me with your eBay username, your full name and delivery address so I can start the official procedure.
I will check my inbox for your reply later!
Thanks,
Matt

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2012 07:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Matthew-S-Woodward/Huntsville-Alabama-/Matthew-S-Woodward-Ticket-Scam-Huntsville-Alabama-984823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Matthew S Woodward