Complaint Review: Mattress 1

• Reported By: Jon — Port Orange Florida United States of America
Mattress 1
5517 S Williamson blvd Port Orange, Florida United States of America

Mattress 1 Bait, and overcharge Port Orange, Florida

On 11/23 I sent my girlfriend in to look at a mattress I had seen advertised in the local newspaper as a Black Friday special. I was stuck at work and could not go myself to look at it. She went in and dealt with Lee who is the store manager. She was shown the mattress I was inquiring about, and after looking at it and testing it she agreed that it would be good for the price.

She agreed to purchase the mattress at its advertised price of $249. When the salesperson told her she needed to buy both pieces, my girlfriend told her that we only needed the mattress. She said "fine, but I have to charge you an extra 20% if you buy just the mattress." My girl then stated that no where in the ad did it state that. The salesperson then handed her some "internal memo" that said they had to do that. My girlfriend reluctantly agreed and figured she would surprise me with the new mattress.

When I got home, she told me of the ordeal with Mattress 1 and I was shocked. I told her that I would go and talk to the manager today. Well I did just that. I met with Lee who claims she is the store manager. When I started politely telling her that I was not satisfied with her overcharging us for the mattress, she basically told me, "not my problem, I told her it would be more and she wanted to do something nice for you,and I should be more appreciative. "

I responded that it was not fair, and that I would not pay any extra than the advertised price or else they could cancel the deal. I was then told that even if I cancel the deal, I would still be charged a 20% restocking fee. Then my response was, "I would like your corporate phone number" She gave me the phone number (which when I called has been disconnected)  And said "good luck with that."

At this point I tried to have a conversation with her about customer service, and I was told that" I don't have time for this, leave or I will call security. ' At this point I did leave, because I knew if I had stayed any longer that it would have been a heated exchange. I do not get angry very easily, but this manager was rude and condescending, she offered no solution to my problem, and instead of trying to help me resolve the issue, she threatened me.

We have since called our credit card company to dispute the charges and wish to cancel the entire transaction. As for contacting anyone in corporate, I tried through their website and ironically their "contact us" link has been disabled.  This is the worst customer service I have ever recieved, and reading the so called "contract" fine print, these people are complete rip offs. They charge you to cancel an order, they charge you to return an item that they supposedly guarantee your satisfaction for 30 days, and they even charge you if you have a warranty issue.  Complete scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2012 06:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mattress-1/Port-Orange-Florida-32129/Mattress-1-Bait-and-overcharge-Port-Orange-Florida-973252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mattress 1