Complaint Review: Mattress 1

112 web road orlando, Florida United States of America

Mattress 1 sos furniture DON"T WORK FOR MATTRESS 1 orlando , Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Same for south Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Same for south Florida

If you are in sales at Mattress 1--you will be on minimum wage and never make commission. Don't waste your time with this bunch of Palestians owners. The dots are better to work for.

You will also never get vacation, no benefits and work 60 hrs per week without getting paid.

Don't waste your time with this loser of a company. You will regret it for the rest of your life

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2011 06:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mattress-1/orlando-Florida-/Mattress-1-sos-furniture-DONT-WORK-FOR-MATTRESS-1-orlando-Florida-797484. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mattress 1

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Same for south Florida

AUTHOR: blackacidevil - (United States of America)

This guy is absolutely right!! I left a very reputable company to come work for Mattress1One. Within my first week they give me the key to their best store(Ft. Lauderdale) where i became their hero and took the store to #1 in the company. This is when it gets ugly...It was obvious they were not use to paying a saleman of my caliber $1200-$1500 a week and they were constantly trying to find ways to penalize me and deduct money. Early October one of the 5 brothers palestinian brothers who own the company shows up to collect cash from the envelope safe in the store. He confronts me that 2 seperate deposits are missing! (impossible due to my nightly routine i could never have forgotten 2 seperate deposits.) He told me he would give me the benefit of the doubt and left. I explained to him that due to so many different people having keys to the store (even past fired employee's who they never paid a last check to.) i wanted him to change the locks on the doors and to provide me with a bank account in wich i could save deposit receipts for proof of my deposits. He said okay but never moved forward. He than later told me he did not wish to provide an account and to hold the cash to be collected. I am not comfortable carrying cash that does not belong to me. He also started taking money from my checks to pay back money that was missing wich i never took! Taking as he wished one week $200, next $450, 3rd $250. I explained i am not happy with this and why are these deductions not shown on my pay stubs. With his idiocy he replied "you owe me the money." I had immediately began to seek new employment when his reluctancey to change locks and provide an account for cash deposits transpired. When i found a new opportunity and quit this god forsaken company he threatened to have me arrested and has since written a false police report of my theft. Too me it was an obvious attempt to not have to pay me so much but now is causing my life more misery and aggrivation. I definately can understand what 90% of their customers have experienced in being ripped off! I thought the grass would be greener but i now realize Mattress Giant may not pay too much but was such a wonderful company. Corporated businessed like Mattress Giant would never risk lawsuits or treat customers and employee's this way. Either these Palestinean brother's don't realize they are in the US or they feel they are above the law.

If you are a customer beware, they bait and switch. Charge 20% re-stock fee's on products never in stock, send floor samples to fulfil orders when the customer believes new is being brought(Always check for plastic bag to be sealed...NOT TAPED)
For employee's or would be employee's if you want to have no life and be slave driven this is the place. 60+ hours a week, no benefits, no vacation, and they will look for any given excuse to deduct bonuses and commissions. I advise to stay clear. I had 4+ years with Mattress Giant and never a single issue with my inventory or money handling. 3 month's with this company and now they are the thorn in my side for god knows how long!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Same for south Florida

AUTHOR: blackacidevil - (United States of America)