Complaint Review: Mattress Firm - Sealy Mattress

• Submitted: Tue, July 27, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, April 25, 2014

• Reported By: vudoodaddie — Santa Ana California United States of America
Mattress Firm - Sealy Mattress

Mattress Firm - Sealy Mattress I bought a Sealy mattress that sagged badly after one year. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Your rebuttal actually reinforces the complainant's initial claim

*Author of original report: Buying anything other than Sealy

*Consumer Suggestion: Guidelines

*UPDATE Employee: Sealy Employee

I bought a king size Sealy Mattress in 2008 when I bought my new home.  The mattress was fine for only one year.  It started sagging badly.  My wife and I started having really bad back problems.  I never had any back problems in my entire life.  The spot where I normally laid down dipped at least two inches.  I contacted the furniture company regarding the sagging mattress.  The owner of the furniture company contacted Sealy.  Sealy sent some independent contract to do measurements to the sagging mattress.  The inspector said that I would receive a call from Sealy in about a week.  I did not receive a call for over a month.  I contacted the owner of the furniture store where I bought the mattress from.  He attempted to contact Sealy and did not get an answer for another month.  Finally, I got a answer that Sealy will not honor their ten year warranty promise.  What a SCAM!  I have spent $2000 on a mattress that lasted only one year.  Buyers, please beware!  Don't ever buy any Sealy products or you will be sorry.  I have slept on the floor for past couple of months already since my Sealy mattress was a useless junk heap.  People, please save yourself the back pain and your money and buy another brand.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2010 04:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mattress-Firm-Sealy-Mattress/internet/Mattress-Firm-Sealy-Mattress-I-bought-a-Sealy-mattress-that-sagged-badly-after-one-year-626905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mattress Firm - Sealy Mattress

Your rebuttal actually reinforces the complainant's initial claim

AUTHOR: Erik - ()

Your rebuttal actually reinforces the complainant's initial claim.  A 2011 lawsuit accused Sealy of "using minor stains on mattresses as an excuse to deny warranty coverage in a class action complaint filed by an Ohio man in U.S. District Court." [Source: http://www.furnituretoday.com/article/440491-consumer-sues-sealy-after-rejected-warranty-claim]  A mattress with a 10-year warranty that begins to sag after 1 year is simply unacceptable and a minor stain or two has no bearing on the issue of sagging.  A company with good customer service stands behind their products and warranty.

Buying anything other than Sealy

AUTHOR: vudoodaddie - (United States of America)

Sealy can say whatever they want but they have lost this customer for life.  I'll make it a mission to tell all my family and friends NOT to buy Sealy.  Buyers beware!  Stay away from the Sealy brand or you will be sorry.  The only thing that I got from a Sealy mattress was major back pains from the mattress sinkhole.  On top of that, I am down $2,000.  Sealy mattresses = back pains from sinkholes & wasted money.  Buy another great brand like Tempur Pedic.  I replaced my piece of sh*t Sealy mattress that didn't have its warranty honored with a Tempur Pedic and have been sleeping great ever since.  Sealy = Sh*tty.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Guidelines

AUTHOR: Jeff - (United States of America)

I have been involved in the bedding industry for a decade now, I work on the retail side, and have sold, handled warranty claims and merchandised and work as a buyer.  This whole time I have worked with Sealy.  I find it hard to believe that any "owner" would have a problem getting in touch with Sealy.  I can pick up my phone right now and be talking to someone in a few minutes and have an answer almost immediately.  They ALWAYS honor their warranty as long as it falls within the guidelines of the warranty.  Most mattress companies have the same guidelines.  One:  the mattress MUST be free of stains, Two: the mattress must have proper support (proper box, center support on frame ect) Three: the law label must be on the mattress Four: You must be original owner (receipt is proof) Five: The body impression must be at least 1 1/2 inches deep. This is measured by putting a straight edge across the mattress and measuring down, this is to the surface, and not the tufting.  If it qualifies under those guidelines then I have never had Sealy or any other company say no.  My guess is that you did not meet one of the criteria.

Sealy Employee

AUTHOR: TruthTeller - (United States of America)

I find your statement offensive. I am a Sealy employee in the warranty division so I know Sealy stands 100% behind ever mattress that we made. If your mattress is defected, we WILL replace it. Our motto is that we want every mattress back that is defected and we want no mattresses back that are not. Just make sure you have your receipt, because if you do not then we will not replace your mattress. Our warranty is no different than other mattress companies are claims are all handled the same. In addition, customers need to realize that comfort issues are not covered. If you picked the wrong feel whether it be too soft or too firm, its not covered under our warranty. We have less than 2% returns take that and compare it to other mattress companies.