Complaint Review: Mattress Firm

• Submitted: Mon, April 06, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 22, 2009

• Reported By:Leander Texas
Mattress Firm
5815 Gulf Freeway Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Mattress Firm Mattress Firm refuses to exchange my mattress set after only 2 1/2 yrs of owning it. They say the indents aren't deep enough. Houston Texas

*Consumer Comment: Not their fault...

We purchased our mattress set in June of 2006, while I was pregnant. I demanded a firm mattress, mostly because I'd had bad experiences with squishy mattresses, and I couldn't get out of the bed as big as I was getting with this pregnancy. We were shown the Katherine Firm set, and purchased it. About a year later, both my husband and I were complaining of back pain when we woke. I could not believe that after only a year, my mattress was hurting me the same way my 10 year old set had done before we had gotten rid of it. No way! I started going to the chiropractor, and just chalked it up to getting older.

Fast forward to about 2 months ago. We are unable to sleep more than 6 hours at a time, because the pain in our backs would wake us up. I decided this was ridiculous, and I contacted the Mattress Firm where we purchased our set. The salesman gave me paperwork to fill out, which I did, and mailed in. A week later, the home office called to set up an appt. for the inspector to come and take pictures and check the indents. He noted there was not a single stain, nor discoloration on the mattress. The inspector found the sag to be 3/4" on both sides. He told me I'd hear back with the decision in 24-48 hrs. 2 weeks later, nothing. I emailed the home office and asked where the results were. They said they had been mailed the week prior. I emailed back and asked them to simply tell me what the report said. Instead of that, they asked me what my address is. Um hello, you sent someone to my house to measure the mattress, of course you have it!! They offered to fax the report to me, which I received today. So, even though my back HURTS and I am seeing the chiropractor regularly, I am screwed out of $1400 for this craptastic mattress set.

Terri
Leander, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2009 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mattress-Firm/Houston-Texas-77023/Mattress-Firm-Mattress-Firm-refuses-to-exchange-my-mattress-set-after-only-2-12-yrs-of-ow-441222. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mattress Firm

Not their fault...

AUTHOR: Cooburns - (U.S.A.)

Ok so you said you had bad experiences with softer mattresses so you got a firm one. They may have been your first mistake. It's possible that your back hurts becasue it's just the wrong mattress for you, it doesn't mean something is wrong with it. If you read your warranty material when you bought the bed, it indicated how far the sag needs to be to be defective. You made a purchased it didn't work out that does not mean that the company screwed you out of anything. Their company is very large, and I read up on info about them and their warranty process is in house and can take 4-6 weeks. It sounds like your unhappy about spending $1400 and want to blame it on someone. Just move on it's not the end of the world.

Hope things work out for you.