Complaint Review: Mattress Firm

• Submitted: Wed, April 15, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 22, 2009

• Reported By:Las Vegas Nevada
Mattress Firm
7570 S. Dean Martin Blvd Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Mattress Firm - Deceptive Advertising and Product Misrepresentation Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Did you ask?

I purchased what I thought to be a new mattress from Mattress Firm only to find out it was a sanitized mattress aka used. Mattress Firm advertises their used mattresses as clearance. No where does it say that clearance is used. I have never heard of clearence being a code word for used. They sanitize their own mattresses in the back of the store using the wet method when the mattress should be sent to a sanitization plant for the dry method of sanitization as required by the Clark County Health Dpartment.

The wet method only cleans the surface of the mattress. If there have been any fluids that have penetrated the surface of the mattress then you are laying on these dried fluids. If there is enough moisture then these fluids are no longer dry. I have seen many complaints on various websites of consumers complaining about their Mattress Firm mattress becoming lumpy after a month or two. These lumpy mattresses are more then likely used. If the consumer tag that should be white is yellow then your mattress is used. Sweet Dreams

Sad but true
Las Vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2009 04:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mattress-Firm/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89139/Mattress-Firm-Deceptive-Advertising-and-Product-Misrepresentation-Las-Vegas-Nevada-443910. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mattress Firm

AUTHOR: Cooburns - (U.S.A.)

You went into a clearance or outlet center I assume. I purchased a bed from them myself a number of years ago. I did shop in one of their outlet centers and noticed they have that area and a showroom. Why would you not think to ask why these beds are in the outlet center? I asked and they told me other customer had slept on them and they were in fact used. I didn't know the health department was like that where you live but I was under the impression if it's either labled somewhere and/or they tell you about it then there is no problem. I feel for you I really do, but it's your job as the consumer to ask the questions. If your not clear on what your buying then ask, ask, ask! I'm sure if they took back a mattress that has a huge stain in the top they would not re sell it. "If the consumer tag that should be white is yellow then your mattress is used." What does this mean? I don't understand what your trying to say... the law tag on the head of the bed, or tag in the store?

I did call the store I myself purchased from and asked if they sell used mattresses and they did tell me the truth, that they may have been slept on. They apparently are indicated by a tag on the side of the mattress telling you so.