- Report: #452788
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Mattress Giant
Mattress Giant8165 Glades Rd Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.
Mattress Giant will Insult, humiliate, degrade, and disrespect you if it means making a sale. Easily the worst retail experience of my life. Boca Raton, Florida
*UPDATE Employee: I appologize for your experience
*UPDATE Employee: Please accept my apologies
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Mattress Giant is the first retailer that I've felt so strongly where I needed to warn others (even people I don't know) online and offline. I feel this strongly and I never even made a purchase. Trust me, it's that bad.
I walk into the store with my girlfriend, and I immediately noticed it was completely empty. It was a big showroom, and there was not a single person in sight (didn't take me long to find out why.) The salesman quickly approached us and we let him know that we were just going to look around. He quickly agreed and told us he'd be there if we needed any help.
No more than 45 seconds later, the salesman comes back discussing a mattress we were looking at for several minutes (not pausing even for a moment to let me or my girlfriend say a word.)
In the interest of making this brief, I'll briefly comment on everything that irritated me in this experience:
1. Salesman simply REFUSED to leave us alone and let us browse the store at our own pace. Insisted that mattresses are "blind objects" and could not be navigated without the help of a Sleep Expert.
2. Salesman told me that he wasn't a sales person, he was a Sleep Expert. Apparently watching a 90 minute training video on selling Mattresses makes you a sleep expert. Go figure.
3. Salesman wouldn't let me get a word in. I suppose they feel that the longer they can keep you in the store, the chance of you "breaking" and deciding to make a purchase will increase. It was supposed to be a 3-5 minute visit, and we spent over an hour in there.
4. After about 30 minutes, the salesperson could see that I wasn't going to pay 2,000$ for a 600$ mattress, so he went to "go look for coupons".
The salesman then described that different Mattress Giants carry different specials, and that he could "piggy-back" off another MG's specials. (Blatant lie.)
5. While one salesman was "looking for coupons" (Enjoying a game of solitaire while yelling out things like 'Yo Jimmy, what's the county code for ML?'" This was a challenging question for Jimmy, (He couldn't think of an answer that would look legitimate) so he walked over to the computer and whispered something in the other salesman's ear.
6. Salesman told me that they were over 20,000$ in gross sales the day before, but this day the store was completely dead, so the manager authorized the all-exclusive "35% Regional Manager Discount" for Jimmy. Jimmy had taken a particular likeness to me and was going to help me out by using this 35% Regional Manager Discount. (Blatant lie, this location is receiving absolutely no business. In an hour and a half I was in that store, not a single potential customer walked in. This is more than a "slow day", it's a near-dead business.)
Now, I definitely wasn't having a good time at this point, but I wasn't exactly furious either. Here's what put me over the edge.
7. I told the salesman that we would look at a few more stores before making a decision as me and my girlfriend stood up. The salesman then asked me if I would at least reserve one of the mattresses, otherwise I had been completely wasting his time.
(At this point, I should have said "Actually me and my girlfriend were just killing time before our movie started, thanks for hanging out with us." Then proceed to offer him a handshake.
Instead I told him that I was serious, but before making any kind of commitment I'd like to scope out my options before making a decision.
The bullsh*t and the insults continued. He implied that I couldn't make up my mind and that I'm young and I don't know what I'm doing.
If you enjoy being lied to and manipulated by obnoxious, pushy, ruthless, and dishonest sales people, then Mattress Giant is certainly the place for you. If not, Google "mattress seller reviews" and go from there.
I did not and will NOT buy anything from this company.
Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Mattress Giant
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2009 09:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mattress-Giant/Boca-Raton-Florida-33434/Mattress-Giant-will-Insult-humiliate-degrade-and-disrespect-you-if-it-means-making-a-sa-452788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.