Complaint Review: Mattress Giant

• Submitted: Wed, November 28, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, November 20, 2008

• Reported By:lakeland Florida
Mattress Giant
4435 US Hwy 98 N Lakeland, Florida U.S.A.

Mattress Giant Refused to stand behind the 'Satisfaction Guarantee'. Mattress very bulky, uncomfortable. Salesman sold w/full warranty;Mgr says: their policy/no guarantee. PAID $1055. cash & sleeping in daughters $200. bed after surgery. Never expected a problem, now have no way to take care of it. Lakeland Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: buy then shop around

After finding the mattress I liked I wanted to be sure & think about it since it was such a large purchase. I returned the following week and was told by the mgr that the deal was no longer available. He stated,it was such a good deal,they sold out. But because of new sales they could make me a better deal. However, the mattress I originally wanted would cost me almost $300. more.

After an hour of asking me to to keep comparing 2-3 beds I decided on one which still ended up costing $50. more, but it was comfortable & that's what I want. So I paid $1055. cash, they delivered it several days later and I haven't been happy with it since.

The store mgr told me that it's a pillow-top so it will take time to break it in. How much time? Until the guarantee expires. Although he claims there is no guarantee.

The mattress feels very bulky, almost lumpy. It's supposed to be a pillow-top/memory foam. It did not feel this way in the store. When I lay in it, I lay across the center because I feel like I'm going to roll off, because of the bulkiness. After having the bed for 2 weeks(and sleeping in it half that time) I had to have surgery. My new mattress (which supposedly would have sold for more than twice what I paid for it) is so uncomfortable, I have been sleeping with my 11 yr old daughter in her $200 full-size bed.

Theresa
Lakeland, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2007 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mattress-Giant/Lakeland-Florida-33809/Mattress-Giant-Refused-to-stand-behind-the-Satisfaction-Guarantee-Mattress-very-bulky-287392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mattress Giant

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

buy then shop around

AUTHOR: Padrone - (U.S.A.)

If you go in to target after a sale has ended they not will give you the sale price on a item so why would this be any different? they do have a 30 day 110% price match policy. As for satisfaction exchanges they do have one but all the rules would apply... It does not apply to clearnce or discontinued items. A protection package would have to have been applied to keep tha matt sanitary. All this is printed on the rcpt that you signed in the store at the time of purchase.