Complaint Review: Mattress Giant

• Submitted: Sat, September 20, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, September 20, 2008

• Reported By:Palm Coast Florida
Mattress Giant
260 Cypress Edge Drive Palm Coast, Florida U.S.A.

Mattress Giant Bought a Kingsdown mattress. The salesman told me they had a 90 day money back guarantee. When we couldn't sleep on the mattress I contacted the salesman he then said there was no money back guarantee. Palm Coast Florida

I got ripped off at Mattress Giant. I purchased a Kingsdown Mattress. The salesman lied to me. He told me if I didn't like the mattress and couldn't sleep on it that I had 90 days to return it and get my money back. It felt like we were rolling off of the mattress and it was hard to sleep on.

I contacted the salesman. He told me we had to use it 21 days before we could return it. So after 21 days, I contacted the salesman again. At that time he told me they would not give my money back. We could exchange it for a $159.99 restocking fee and pay the difference for another mattress.

I sent corporate a letter in which the salesman called me and told me they would give my money back. The salesman said he had to make some calls to get the mattress picked up. Then he called me back and told me they would not give my money back. He said I could only exchange it.

I don't want to give anymore money to a company that is doing business in this manner. Now we are out $1300.00 for a mattress we are not able to sleep on. I wrote and called corporate headquarters and they wouldn't answer my letter or return my call.

I would never have purchased the mattress had the salesman not told me that we had a 90 day money back guarantee.

Palm Coast, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2008 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mattress-Giant/Palm-Coast-Florida-32163/Mattress-Giant-Bought-a-Kingsdown-mattress-The-salesman-told-me-they-had-a-90-day-money-374670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mattress Giant