Complaint Review: Mattresses 2 Go

• Submitted: Wed, August 05, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, August 05, 2009

• Reported By:Tulsa Oklahoma
Mattresses 2 Go
7309 S. Memorial Dr. Tulsa, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Mattresses 2 Go - Chris Tucker MAJOR RIP OFF! WORST PURCHASE OF MY LIFE! NEVER BUY FROM THEM! Tulsa Oklahoma

In February 2009 my son & I bought a $1238 mattress from Mattresses 2 Go. By March, the mattress was already breaking down, so we asked for our money back. They said that they did not give refunds, but that they would give us another of the same type mattress under their warranty. By May, this mattress had also broken down. They still refused to give us our money back, so we spent another $200 to get the best & most expensive mattress that they had. They claimed that there was no way that this one would break down. Well it is. I have sent them 2 emails requesting a refund since there are no other mattresses to "move up" to, so we can just go someplace else. I have had no response. After $1500, my son claims that he'd rather sleep on the floor than this mattress because it is so uncomfortable. Mattresses 2 Go claims that since a mattress is a "soft good", that they can't take returns or give refunds. I have since found out that yes they CAN take it back, they just don't want to because they can't resell it & they are out the money. We just want our money back so we can go someplace else. This was a MAJOR purchase for us, but since it's so important to have a comfortable, supportive mattress, I saved & my son worked many extra hours & double shifts to pay for it. I've bought less expensive mattresses in the past with no problems whatsoever. We've had nothing but problems with these mattresses. I've had the BBB contact them twice now AND my attorney contact them, with no response to either one of them. So basically they just stole $1500 from a 17 year old kid. That is unforgiveable!

I called Mr. Chris Tucker to find out if we could work something out without me having to pursue it further. He went psychotic on me screaming & yelling, telling me to go F myself & to Shove it up my *ss, among every other curse name in the book, telling me that he had no intentions of working anything out because he was going to shut his doors & disappear in 2 weeks anyways. It was very upsetting! I've NEVER had anyone yell & cuss at me like that before especially a retailer. So I proceeded to picket his store last Sunday to show him how important this was to me - we don't have that kind of money. He claims that he's a multi-millionaire, but I'm not. He was so angry! He told me he had called the police to arrest me for trespassing, but he didn't know that I had already called the police the day before, making sure I was doing everything legal. He came out to confront me 3 or 4 times during the day, but I stayed anyways until he shut his doors for the last time that day.

Kaye
Tulsa, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2009 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mattresses-2-Go/Tulsa-Oklahoma-74133/Mattresses-2-Go-Chris-Tucker-MAJOR-RIP-OFF-WORST-PURCHASE-OF-MY-LIFE-NEVER-BUY-FROM-TH-476703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mattresses 2 Go