• Report: #919648

Complaint Review: Maureen Tara Nelson Private Matchmaking

• Submitted: Mon, July 30, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, February 02, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — fear of retaliation New York United States of America
Maureen Tara Nelson Private Matchmaking
68 South Service Road Ste 100 Internet United States of America

Maureen Tara Nelson Private Matchmaking MTNPM I was charged $2000 and told that Maureen Tara Nelson Matchmaking had over 1000 possible matches for me. I have not been on one date since joining almost one year ago. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Glad you resolved your situation!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Thank you for posting

*Consumer Comment: Maureen Tara Nelson Matchmaking

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Personal rebuttal to all reports

*Author of original report: MY COMPLAINT HAS BEEN RESOLVED

*General Comment: Thank you for posting

I joined in September 2011. At that time I was told that Maureen Tara Nelson had a database of over 1000 active clients. I am a quite attractive, fit and well educated medical professional who is unwilling to do the bar scene or online dating. I spent 1.5 hours with MTNPM to discuss IN DETAIL the type of man that I was looking to meet. I was assured that they had many active members who would be ideally suited to my specifications. I was charged $2000 for the service and told that I would receive a "match" each week. I was very excited.

Weeks went by and no emails arrived. When I spoke with Ruth (MTNPM) and Jessica, I was told that I was being too picky and that they were offended because I was annoyed. I was asked to come to the office again to review what I was looking for in my "ideal" date. I explained that I hired them because I am picky but I was dismissed. I was told that I should accept every "match" because meeting someone might change my opinion. The catch was that every time I said "yes" to a match, I would be using one of the ten matches that I had purchased with the $2000!

I was very sporadically sent "matches". Of the 2 or 3 that I said might meet my expectations, I was consistently told that they said "no" or that they were dating someone else?????? And I had to prod MTNPM to get these responses! The email communication and customer service were (and still are) extremely limited and poor. When I would contact the office to complain, I would suddenly get a possible acceptable match the following week, only to be told that he didn't like the length of my hair, was dating someone else, was out of the state........one excuse after another. As another RipOff Report has indicated, I believe that these matches were "filler" and possible not real.

I attended several of her dating parties and was so discouraged by the turnout that it would make me depressed. I would sit and listen to other clients with the same complaints as mine!!!! I have requested a refund but was denied, yet offered to have unlimited matches and add another year to my membership? For what purpose? Almost a year has gone by and I am still part of the growing number of displeased clients of Maureen Tara Nelson Private Matchmaking.

PLEASE.......save yourself the money and the heartbreak.......STAY AWAY FROM MAUREEN TARA NELSON PRIVATE MATCHMAKING!!! I have photos, email correspondance and excuses for anyone to see if they email me  (((redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2012 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maureen-Tara-Nelson-Private-Matchmaking/internet/Maureen-Tara-Nelson-Private-Matchmaking-MTNPM-I-was-charged-2000-and-told-that-Maureen-Ta-919648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maureen Tara Nelson Private Matchmaking

Glad you resolved your situation!

AUTHOR: Robert J. - ()

I am glad you resolved your situation. I am a happy client. I have gone to numerous dates and for all the dates they matched me to women with most of the qualities and descriptions I had requested.  Just wanted to chime in and say that I am very happy with them and recommend their services.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Maureen - ()

Hi

I would just like to say that in today's day, it is so easy for someone to write anything about a company, whether it is true or not. In this case, the person did not even state their name. Too easy, in fact.

I would like to ask that you make it mandatory for someone making any sort of complaint, or even something nice, that they put their name behind what they say. For one reason, I have some very kind clients who did not write complaints, but wrote lovely thank you comments and I would want to thank them personally. Then for any negative comment, it would show that it is in fact a real comment, and if the name is there, I would contact them immediately and do whatever is necessary to make them happy, as I always do.

With over 1200 clients, I wish I was able to have everyone of them happy at every moment, but as any business person knows, it is impossible. The best I can do is give 100% effort to my clients, as my staff and I do for all of my clients every day. But this last comment there is no name, which means it is probably not a real complaint. Unfortunately, there are people or other business' out there that will put in complaints to companies only to try to make themselves look better.Please do not allow these false comments anymore and make a person put their name. That way we will know it is real, and I can fix the problem as I always do.

Thank you!

Maureen Tara Nelson

Problem resolved

AUTHOR: hockeyplayer - (United States of America)

Problem resolved on Feb 2, 2013 not 2012 as it was a typo,

problem resolved

AUTHOR: hockeyplayer - (United States of America)

Problem resolved by MTN matchmaking on Feb 2, 2012

Thank you Maureen Tara Nelson don't listen to any negativity

AUTHOR: Maureen - (USA)

I met my wife from Maureen Tara Nelson. Before Maureen's service, I had women throwing themselves at me just because I'm a doctor. Maureen was not only very professional, but a very kind, easy going, and funny person. I got to know her very well, as she does with all of her clients. I do not envy her though. Her job as a matchmaker is much harder than it looks. She never complaines, and always has a smile on her face. I don't know how she does it, but luckily for me, she puts up with all the women who are unrealistic. I know, I met some of them. But after only three months, Maureen matched me up with the most beautiful woman in NY. I could have never found her on my own since I work all the time. Thank you Maureen and please don't listen to any negativity...what you do for your clients is amazing...Intellegent people will always know this about you. Dr. J.

ps Congratulations on winning The Best Matchmaking Service for the 5th year in a row. You deserve it!

Maureen Tara Nelson Matchmaking

AUTHOR: Tina - (United States of America)

I am writing to tell you how upset I was to see what was written about Maureen Tara Nelson.  I am a former client, becoming acquainted with Ms. Nelson about 5 years ago.  At that time, I was in an abusive relationship with little self esteem and little hope of finding my soul mate.  I called MTNPM after seeing an ad in the Long Island Newsday.  Not only did I get an appointment, Maureen told me to put down everything I was doing to come in immediately!  When I got to her office, she assured me she would do whatever it took to find me the love of my life.

Unfortunately, I met some less than desirable matches through MTNPM, but some of the gentlemen were less than honest with our matchmaker and she could not make a proper match because of this.  Many times, I was anxious, sad or down and I called to speak personally with Maureen.  She told me she would do whatever it took to make me happy and "see me married".  It didn't matter how many matches it took (I paid for 10 initial matches) or how much time she needed to devote to me, Maureen was going to help me!

Although I am not a client currently, I would not hesitate to retain the services of Maureen Tara Nelson Private Matchmaking in the future to help me find my future husband!  Not only did I have a personal matchmaker in Maureen, I found a friend.

Maureen Tara Nelson Matchmaking

AUTHOR: Tina - (United States of America)

I am writing today as I was upset to see what had been written about Maureen Tara Nelson.  I am a former client of Maureen's.  She and I became acquainted about 5 years ago and not only did I become a client, I considered her a friend.  When I joined MTNM, I was in an abusive relationship with little self esteem and little hope of finding my soul mate.  I happened to see an ad in the Newsday for her services and called, thinking I would not get an appointment for a few days.  Not only did Maureen give me an appointment, she told me to put everything down that I was doing and get in my car immediately to come and see her.

Maureen kept in constant contact with me throughout my time with her.  If there were any concerns or questions, either she or a trusted staff member would contact me.  Unfortunately, I did come in contact with a few "less than desirable" matches, but I don't completely fault Maureen for that.  Some of these gentlemen were less than truthful with our matchmaker, so she could not make an honest match between the two of us.  Maureen assured me that she would make sure I was happy and "see me married" no matter what she had to do.  And, although I am not with Maureen Tara Nelson Matchmaking currently, I would not hesitate to enlist her assistance again in finding the love of my life.

#8 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Personal rebuttal to all reports

AUTHOR: Maureen - (USA)

For anyone who may be reading the reports filed on my company I want everyone to know that any and all reports that you have seen on my company "Maureen Tara Nelson Private Matchmaking"  have been resolved.  I believe in making my clients happy, and I will do everything possible to make my clients happy as quickly as possible,so there is never an issue that I will not resolve.  I have been successfully matchmaking for over 12 years with over 1,000 success stories.  My clients are like family, and as in families there are emotional ties that go along with this.  Because emotions are involved as you can see there are a few people that did write about a negative experience they have had.  You can see by thier quick reaction of taking back the complaint that I have always addressed these issues and always put my clients needs first.  My clients know I will do everything in my power to make them successful and that is why I have 1,000 success stories.  If you come into my office you will read hundreds of letter from my successful clients.  Thank you, Maureen Tara Nelson

MY COMPLAINT HAS BEEN RESOLVED

AUTHOR: MTNPM ripped me off - (USA)

Maureen Tara Nelson resolved my complaint in a professional and courteous manner. I am very pleased.

#10 General Comment

AUTHOR: Scammed - (United States of America)

Thank you for posting.  I am in the same position as you.  I joined in January 2012 and the experience has been awful.  You described the staff's behavior and unprofessionalism to a tee.  I also would get sporadic emails and then told I was too picky.  When I agreed to meet someone, he never called!  I will write up my own report for this site.  just wanted to thank you for posting yours.  What a waste of money.