Complaint Review: Maureen Tara Nelson

• Updated: Sat, February 02, 2013

• Reported By: John — East Elmhurst New York USA
Maureen Tara Nelson
68 S. Service Road Ste 100 Melville, New York United States of America

Maureen Tara Nelson mtnmatchmaking@aol.com, mtnelson@optonline.net, mtnmatchmaking@aol.com I paid a $1000 for a dating service to meet women that are also looking for relationships. since 4/8/2011 I have been on one date (absoutely not compatible) I have emails to share with everyone of her Melville, New York

*Consumer Comment: Problem was Resolved

*Consumer Comment: Same Situation

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Personal rebuttal to all reports

*Author of original report: My issue with MAureen has been resolved

When I first joined this service I was told that there were over a thousand active members, in which, most of them were women.  I sat in Maureen's office for over an hour dicussing what I was looking for, Petite, athletic, and average, plus what I am looking for in a woman.  I also made it clear that she should be no taller than 5 feet 5 inches and not be a smoke and no more than a social drinker.  The rest was just like any other guy, I love to do just about anything.

My background is from an affluent family.  I am well educated. My salary is over 150,000 a year, I am well traveled, and I am at a good weight and am a decent looking guy.  What I lack is height at 5'7".  Maureen assured me that that is not what the women are looking for (I know the truth).  I trusted her and gave a thousand dollars. I was so excited to finding the right woman.  Then reality came. Weeks and then Months- nothing.  Even after I called several times and sent several emails. I was told, I was told there is no match for me. Next, I was given a choice that absolutely did not match what we discussed, her being a heavy smoker, living close to 2 1/2 hours of driving time, and was 5' 9"s.

The second choice also was not what we discussed in my profile with you. The third choice, which was a normal average woman, I fealt great that finally I can say yes, even though she lived 40 miles away from me, then never heard from her again, which when I called I found out she said no.  I was never sent a formal email or response. So with over a thousand members, you can't find me one choice and the first two were just thrown in as a filler, because like I said, they were not what we discussed in my profile.  Now I am angry, and also feel bad trying to find someone nice.

I am requested  my money back and part ways. She said no-way.I feel that Maureen took my money and told me what I wanted to hear in order for me to become a member.  I am sure I am right about this- A thousand members and really, not one possibe choice when I am a new member~ Last she claims that sometimes I will receive three choices in one day because there are soooooooooooo many similar women? It doesn't make sense. It's Christmas, and not one legit date.  I have pics and and a lot of email correspondance and excuses for anyone to see if they email me at (((redacted))) .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2011 05:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maureen-Tara-Nelson/Melville-New-York-11747/Maureen-Tara-Nelson-mtnmatchmakingaolcom-mtnelsonoptonlinenet-mtnmatchmakingaolc-809718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maureen Tara Nelson

Problem was Resolved

AUTHOR: hockeyplayer - (United States of America)

Problem resolved on Feb 2 2013 by the MTN Matchmaking company

Same Situation

AUTHOR: hockeyplayer - (United States of America)

I paid $1500 back in Feb of 2012, I was told there were so many matches for me, well its now Feb 2013 and I have been on 3 dates only in a year.  Maybe one of them is what I was looking for in my profile, they just send me random girls who have nothing in common with me or nothing what I am looking for.  My last date was back in April of 2012 and I have maybe received 12 matches  sent to me since then and I have said yes to most of them, only saying no to like 3 girls but I have not had a date since April.  So obviously they are all saying no to me, I am not a hideous looking person.

The thing I lack is height I am 5'5 but like the other post said she said that wouldn't be a problem. I was also told I would receive a few choices a weekend.  I to asked for my money back, but they divert that question.   But still in  40 weeks and over 1200 clients I only get about 12 matches.  Something is wrong.   They think this is negativity and they don't like negativity saying this is why no girls want to date you, but they say no before they even speak to me so how would they know if I am a negative person or not.  I think I have a right to be annoyed after spending that much money on a service that basically lies to its clients.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Personal rebuttal to all reports

AUTHOR: Maureen - (USA)

For anyone who may be reading the reports filed on my company I want everyone to know that any and all reports that you have seen on my company "Maureen Tara Nelson Private Matchmaking"  have been resolved.  I believe in making my clients happy, and I will do everything possible to make my clients happy as quickly as possible,so there is never an issue that I will not resolve.  I have been successfully matchmaking for over 12 years with over 1,000 success stories.  My clients are like family, and as in families there are emotional ties that go along with this.  Because emotions are involved as you can see there are a few people that did write about a negative experience they have had.  You can see by thier quick reaction of taking back the complaint that I have always addressed these issues and always put my clients needs first.  My clients know I will do everything in my power to make them successful and that is why I have 1,000 success stories.  If you come into my office you will read hundreds of letter from my successful clients.  I have worked with thousands of clients over the past 12 years.  Can I make every single person successful?  I try my very best.  Thank you, Maureen Tara Nelson

My issue with MAureen has been resolved

AUTHOR: John - (USA)

My issue has been looked at and resolved by her dating service.