Complaint Review: Maverick Cleaners

• Reported By: Pat — San Antonio Texas USA
Maverick Cleaners
7122 San Pedro, Suite 104 SanAntonio, Texas United States of America

Maverick Cleaners David Cantu Lost clothing SanAntonio, Texas

We dry clean almost everything except underclothing and only buy quality clothing.  My husband is "very" particular about his clothing and won't even wear anything that has any kind of tiny blemish on it...nothing.  He would throw the item away or give to Goodwill before wearing it again.

I took 10 items to this cleaners on 8/15/2012 for the very first time since it is near my job and I acccidentally passed the one I go to near my house (18 miles away).  Some of the items were dry clean as others were my husband's shirts to be laundered/extra heavy starch.  When I came to pick the items up, the shirts were not even starched...I was disappointed.  Then the employee gave me the other dry cleaned items and I checked them to find that an old, blue, very worn, wife-beater t-shirt with two holes in them (one cigarette burn hole) were mixed in the bunch. [continued below]....
.....  I laughed and handed it to the employee and said that this must be a joke.  But when I recounted my items, I noticed that I was actually missing shirt and that t-shirt was there in its place.  She kept trying to convince me that it was my t-shirt.  I got even more angry.  First, of all, no one in my household smokes...never have, never will, nor do we allow smoking in or around our home.  Second, the t-shirt was a size M and my husband wear XL.  Third, he only owns "white" t-shirts and they are washed "at home".  The manager, Janette, wrote on my slip that they lost 1 shirt and signed it.  I told her that I would call back once I figured out which shirt it was.  My gosh, he owns like 150 shirts!  I called Janette back a few days later and told her it was a pink, long-sleeved, Ralph Lauren, polo shirt.  she said that she would look for it.  A week passed, no call...another 3 days passed, no call.  I called and asked for the owner, David Cantu.  The employee said that he was not there and only comes in early in the morning and leaves before 7:30am.  To make a long story short, I called 8 more times, left my phone number for the owner and the manager, went to the location 3 more times to find that neither the owner nor the manager is ever there and no one is returning my calls or trying to do anything about my husband's lost shirt.  Today is 10/15/2012.  I called at 7:36am and spoke to the manager, Janette.  She told me that the owner said that since the t-shirt had the numeric tag on it in the order of my clothes, then the t-shirt belongs to me.  There is nothing he will do.  I am furious...more so about the unprofessionalism and lack of accountability on the part of the owner and manager.  I let her know that she even acknowledged that they lost the shirt and signed my slip.  She said..and I quote "I know I did, but we can't do anything about that.  I know what you are trying to say".  I plan to take them to court....for principal reasons.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2012 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maverick-Cleaners/SanAntonio-Texas-78216/Maverick-Cleaners-David-Cantu-Lost-clothing-SanAntonio-Texas-955173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maverick Cleaners