Complaint Review: Mavis Discount Tires

• Updated: Fri, November 30, 2012

• Reported By: LIdoctor — Jericho New York United States of America
Mavis Discount Tires
885 Old Country Road Westbury, New York United States of America

Mavis Discount Tires Equal Opportunity Fleecing -- No consumer spared Westbury, New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Let us make it right!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Let us make it right!

The employees at this specific Mavis location are emblematic of the unfortunately prevalent shameless automobile repair ripoff artists. They jack up pricing, lie about needed repairs to upsell (brake rotors, calipers, more expensive tires, on and on) to every customer (no exceptions). All with a smile. I
watched the same technique used on customer after customer as I waited in
their lounge for 3 hours for a brake check that they claimed would take 30
minutes (another representation of lying as a normal course of doing business).
I asked for new rear brake pads, and was told they could not install them
without new new calipers ($500 total) because the ones I had we're locked, so
they couldn't get the pads in. I left and went to another Mavis which installed
the pads with no problem -- $59). Another customer asked for 2 tires by model
number and an "all-in" bottom line price. He was told $220, but after
installation, was told it was $259. He was told the extra charges were for tire
disposal. So much for "All in."

Lastly, I was told repeatedly during my interminal wait that they were working on my car, when I could see through my window that nobody came near my lifted car for 2 hours.  The tires were taken off, and then they moved on to other activities (like joking around with one another).  These guys deserved to be on the unemployment line in an environment where so many are looking for jobs.
Stay away!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2012 07:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mavis-Discount-Tires/Westbury-New-York-11590/Mavis-Discount-Tires-Equal-Opportunity-Fleecing-No-consumer-spared-Westbury-New-York-975978. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mavis Discount Tires

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Let us make it right!

AUTHOR: Mavis Discount Tire - (United States of America)

Mavis Discount Tire is committed to delivering the best possible customer service and we apologize for the unsatisfactory experience.  Please allow us the opportunity to help resolve this matter to your satisfaction.  Please email Customer Relations at maviscustomercare@mavistire.com or call Alexa at 914-984-2500 ext 5000.  We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Jenna
Mavis Discount Tire Brand Ambassador

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Let us make it right!

AUTHOR: Mavis Discount Tire - (United States of America)

Mavis Discount Tire is committed to delivering the best possible customer service and we apologize for the unsatisfactory experience.  Please allow us the opportunity to help resolve this matter to your satisfaction.  Please email Customer Relations at maviscustomercare@mavistire.com or call Alexa at 914-984-2500 ext 5000.  We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,