Complaint Review: Max Assurance - Office Max

• Reported By: Susan — bunker hill West Virginia United States of America
Max Assurance - Office Max

Max Assurance - Office Max screw ups, excuses , Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Return to the store

I purchased an ez leather executive chair from Office Max on September 8, 2008 and took out a 3 year service agreement through Max Assurance.

On July 24th, 2010 the chair broke so I called Max Assurance to report my claim.  The CS rep took my information and informed my that someone would contact me within 3 days.......I never received a call....so on July 28th I called Max Assurance back and was told that the claim information was entered incorrectly and she took my information and again someone would call me back within 3 days.........I never received a call.......On August 2nd I called AGAIN only to be told that the information AGAIN was entered incorrectly.....the gentleman took the information and told me to take pictures of the chair and send them with a copy of my receipt and letter of expaintation to them......On August 12th I got a call and said I would have a gift card sent out and I should have it within 7 days.  I also informed them to send it to my PO box, not my physical address........

Well in the mail today I DID NOT RECEIVE the gift card so I called Max Assurance back only to have the rep tell me the gift card was sent in the mail yesterday but it went to my physical address--how stupid!!!!!! I told her I did not receive my mail there and she preceeds to tell me that I will have to wait for the gift card to be returned to them and then they will reissue me a new one.....I said I wanted to talk to a supervisor but was told they were all busy and that I would get a call back within 4 hours.......4 hours went by and guess what NO CALL!  I called and demanded to talk to a supervisor who only informed me there was nothing he could do and he would TRY and have an answer with 15 business days.  I asked to talk to his boss and he said there was no one else I could talk to.

I would NEVER buy Max Assurance AGAIN.  It would have been easier just to go and buy a new chair.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2010 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Max-Assurance-Office-Max/internet/Max-Assurance-Office-Max-screw-ups-excuses-Internet-633301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Max Assurance - Office Max

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Return to the store

AUTHOR: Reality - (USA)

That is unfortionate and I would be equally frustrated.  In the future, when you buy a Max Assurance plan, if a problem arises - return to the store you purchased it from.  Speak with the store manager, he will help you.  If the store manager does not provide help, ask for the contact information and office location for the district manager.  I guarantee he will resolve your problem.  Follow the appropriate channels however, don't be as level jumper ;)

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC