My wife ordered "free" trial offer that resulted in billing of ~353 to checking account. Less than 1/2 has been refunded. Company refuses to refund rest.
This company has many tricks up its sleeve that a customer should be aware of:
* 15 day free trial is not free. Repeat, there is nothing free about it. Better Business Bureau warns of this on national web site.
* 15 day free trial does not give 15 days to try product. Clock starts at time of order, not time of receipt. You may end up with much less time to test product. Once again, BBB warns of this on national web site. By the way, BBB grade is C-, which is very generous.
* Canceling order requires RMA. This is not obvious. Wife failed to realize this (and doesn't know what an RMA is). This mistake cost me hundreds.
* Marking "cancel" on invoice and returning product means product becomes permanently "lost". They "lost" three shipments this way. Postal service is very careless when handling this company's stuff .
* Attempting to call customer support results in extremely long wait (on hold times). We never reached a human being even when we turned on speaker phone and put phone down.
* Emailing company takes 48+ hours, not 24 as they advertise. Many have reported, RMA's via email often only happen after much crap. Getting an RMA is HARD! Returning product without one screws you.
* Product does not have ingredients list, warning, contradictions, side affects, or even dosing information. For all we know it could be rat crap. It is certainly snake oil.
* Once trial of MaxColon is ordered, customer is offered "free" trial of ACAI Berry. The offer's terms look identical to MaxColon. This is also not free. Offer also directs seller to different company web page. Customer may not realize that order of ACAI Berry actually occurs via different company (Suspect they are not really different, suspect MaxColon is making it harder to reach second "company"). Charges a made by two companies. Max Colon falsely claims that ACAI Berry is unaffiliated (even per one rebuttal this site). This is not true. ACAI Berry offer is made from Max Colon website and shipped with Max Colon products. It took me a long time to realize wife had entered agreement with 2 companies, not one. She was unaware and VERY surprised to learn this arguing with me that it wasn't possible. Max Colon customer support goes to great effort to not disclose this.
I suggest you look at Max Colons rebuttals. They always read something like "you should have read the agreement". What they are really saying is "we tricked you fair and square. So you are screwed. Live with it". Max Colon knows that their offer of the not really free trial is tricking people, but they do nothing to correct the confusion that results. Are we to believe that this is not by design?
I've reported max Colon to Att General Office California. Suggest others do the same. URL is http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/general.php.
I've also reported Max Colon to Better Business Bureau state and national. Suggest others do the same. URL is http://www.bbb.org/
Other places to report this company's crap follow:
This company's unethical business practices has cost us. Let's make it cost them.
CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.