lying

• Updated: Fri, June 29, 2012

• Reported By: Addy — Columbus Georgia United States of America
Max Fitness
3919 Miller Rd Columbus, Georgia United States of America

Max Fitness Golds Gym Vulgar, impolite, oblivious, dishonest, inconsiderate, dishonest, unethical Columbus, Georgia

I tried to cancel my gym membership with Max Fitness, and I have not had any sucess I found out that my request has been denied. When I signed my contract I signed it the the manager. I explained to him that a lot can change in two years time. What if I got busy and didn't have the time to go to the gym any more? What if I moved to an apartment that had a nice gym? And so on... He assured me that all I could cancel at anytime all I needed was $50, and it would all be over.

So life happend, I could no longer affored my membership. So I did the right thing, I mailed in the request to cancel form; I explained my situation, and it wasnt enough. The woman who is in charge of the cancellations is extremely unprofessional, and rude! She wouldnt help me. She was talking to me as if she was above me, and she wouldnt listen to my problem. She treated me poorly. I explained to her that I simply do not have the money to continue paying for two memberships each month, (my husband also has a membership).

She basically said that, my account can go without payment for 90 days and then theyll send it to collections. She was not going to help me one bit! Its so sad that someone hits a bump in the financial road, and the only choice you have is; pay the gym membership, or ruin your credit!!  Im not going to let Max Fitness ruin my credit!

To continue on with my story.After I got off the phone with the discourteous cancellation specialist, I immediately went to the gym where I signed up, and the manager was able to freeze my account for three months. Yes, this does help for now. What happens when I still dont have the money for my membership?I dont want to be a member of an organization that treats their members in such a poor way. The  discourteous cancellation specialist, also would not give me her regional managers contact information. She knew that she was treating me poorly, and she didnt want me to get in contact with him. (It also took a lot of work just to get her bosses name, and number.)

We are being held to such an extreme Yes we did sign a contract, but I was also lied to at that point I clearly asked if I could get out of my contract, and the manager where I signed up said, Yes, at any time, youll just have to pay $50 for each account, and give 30 days notice. I was informed today that, that information is not correct. So whose lying to me?

My husband also has a permanent injury. He is in the Army, and he was deployed to Iraq. When he was deployed he ran over an IED, and the explosion from the bomb caused a fractured his spine, along with a broken knee. He recently had major backsurgery. He mailed a letter from his doctor to Max Fitness, and now they'res aying that the letter from his doctor not enough! This is one of the WORST companies in the United States.

Please, if you just read this, do not, I repeat, DO NOT, take your business to Max Fitness

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2012 06:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Max-Fitness/Columbus-Georgia-31909/Max-Fitness-Golds-Gym-Vulgar-impolite-oblivious-dishonest-inconsiderate-dishonest-un-904840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Max Fitness