Complaint Review: Max It Pawn

• Updated: Sat, March 23, 2013

• Reported By: Stephanie — Sauk Rapids Minnesota
Max It Pawn
2119 W Division St St. Cloud, Minnesota United States of America

Max It Pawn They sold me a broken iPod. Had warranty. No refund or store credit. St. Cloud, Minnesota

I bought an iPod for my fiance, AND PURCHASED A PROTECTION PLAN. My fiance was working down in NC and it did take him a few weeks of struggling to try to get the iPod to work. I kept trying to help over the phone. Finally, he brought it into a local iPod repair place, and they told him that the drives were destroyed and the 80G iPod would only hold about a hundred songs.

I brought it back to Max Pawn, expecting store credit AND showed them how to check the drives so they wouldn't screw up and buy another bad one. I didn't have the receipt, but when I purchased it, I showed ID and they entered it into their system. EVERY OTHER PAWN SHOP I HAVE WORKED WITH MAINTAINS SUCH RECORDS. But, since I didn't have a receipt, they wouldn't take the broken iPod back. They admitted they could look up the receipt, but "store policy" was that they weren't going to do it. I knew the date I bought it on.

I went to Pawn America, got a 160G Ipod for $120 and they had the receipt in their store. I bought the insurance plan, any problems, just bring it back and they will take care of it. Of course, now I know how to check the hard drives, so I know it's a good one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2013 11:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Max-It-Pawn/St-Cloud-Minnesota-56301/Max-It-Pawn-They-sold-me-a-broken-iPod-Had-warranty-No-refund-or-store-credit-St-Clou-1037263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Max It Pawn