Complaint Review: Max White Teeth / BrightTeeth Whitening System

• Updated: Sun, June 07, 2009

• Reported By:Kewanna Indiana
Max White Teeth / BrightTeeth Whitening System
www.whiteningnow.com Internet U.S.A.

Max White Teeth / BrightTeeth Whitening System Unauthorized charges to my bank account and they won't credit my account for what they took out Internet *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account that someone wrongfully takes it from you!

My husband chews tobacco. He had been complaining that his teeth are such a yucky color of yellow and that he wanted to try something that could help. He has been laid off, and money is next to nothing in our house.

One day, I came across an add that said that you could try the product for free, with no obligations, all that was needed to pay was the shipping and handling. I thought that would be great for him to try and see if this helped him. So I ordered it.

The product came in a ziplock with nothing except a small piece of paper that said how to use it, a syringe filled with a clear liquid, and a mouth piece which looks like a football mouth guard, and that was it, nothing else. No phone number, product name, no nothing. I felt a bit apprehensive about that because who knows whats in this stuff?!

My husband tried it anyways, and it left his teeth and gums very irritated and sensitive after just the first try. He thought that maybe that was just because it was working and had irritated the places where the tobacco had laid. So he tried it another couple of times. It got worse. I told him to discontinue using it and that I wouldn't get it again.

Just a few weeks later, I noticed a charge of $84 on my bank statement from this place. I called them to see what the deal was. The man on the phone, who was talking in total broken English, told me that since I didn't call them, that they were AUTO-SHIPPING ME THIS CRAP!!!!! I told the man on the phone, politely, that firstly there was NO PHONE number in the package to call, and secondly that we were displeased with the product and that we didn't want the shipments, and that it had irritated the mouth.

The man on the phone decided to tell me how to CONTINUE to use the product!! I politely said that I was sorry, but that I am not going to continue to use the product, and that I wanted them to take the charge off of my bank account. He continued to tell me that in order to get the full effect of the whitening, that I needed to keep using it. That is when I started to get a little more stern with him. I said that I was not going to use the product, and that I would refuse any shipments that his company sent me. He then said that they would only charge me half for this month and then if I wanted to keep using the product later, then I just needed to let them know so that they could re-start the shipments.

THIS GUY WASN'T GETTING IT! I got so irritated with him, not only because of the fact I had to ask him to repeat almost everything he said because he could hardly speak English, but because I'm telling him emphatically that I do not want this product and he keeps telling me that I have to keep using the product!

Finally, I just decided that when the crap came to the post office, I wouldn't even open it, and I would just ask the clerk to send it back as refused"...which she did right away.

Today, I got online to look at my bank statement, and there is a credit of $40. Not the $84 that they took out, but only HALF of what they took out! So now I am going to find out what I can do with this now.

Kewanna, Indiana

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder
Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com

Rip-off Report
PO Box 310, Tempe, Arizona 85280

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2009 06:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Max-White-Teeth-BrightTeeth-Whitening-System/internet/Max-White-Teeth-BrightTeeth-Whitening-System-Unauthorized-charges-to-my-bank-account-and-459453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Max White Teeth / BrightTeeth Whitening System