Complaint Review: MaxNaim

• Reported By: Martha — BEAVER DAM Wisconsin
MaxNaim
1200 S. Brand Blvd. Ste. 154 Glendale, California United States of America

MaxNaim "Claim Your FREE Prize!!" Glendale, California

I took a brief survey in Nov, and was offered a free thank-you gift as a prize. I was asked to pay $5.99 shipping for the watch I chose. It arrived, kind of an ugly watch, but I figured it cost me only $5.99, so threw it in my top drawer.

A while later, I found another watch in my mail, and figured, there's been a mistake, but since the first one was so ugly, I'd keep the mistakenly sent one. BAD idea! In checking my year end finances, I found that for the first watch I was charged $98!! The second watch was $49!

I called the number for the company that was on my credit card statement, was treated impolitely and told that it was not their fault I didn't read the fine print. I do not know where that fine print was.

Though MaxNaim did take me off their monthly subscription, I felt like I had been baited. It most definitely was not a free prize, as originally stated.  And then to realize that I "had agreed" to receive and pay for one watch each month, I felt both stupid and used. That's a lot of money for ugly, cheap looking watches, but since I had opened and kept them, I felt I had no legal recourse.

My advice: NEVER accept a free prize for filling in a survey!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2013 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MaxNaim/Glendale-California-91204/MaxNaim-Claim-Your-FREE-Prize-Glendale-California-1035726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MaxNaim