Complaint Review: Max's Car Wash

• Updated: Wed, March 13, 2013

• Reported By: Herb De Souza — Aventura Florida United States of America
Max's Car Wash
903 W Hallandale Beach Blvd Hallandale, Florida United States of America

Max's Car Wash Double and over charged ($35.00 & 350.00) for a wash and leather detail Hallandale, Florida

On Thursday February 21st my wife brought my Volvo S80 Black with tan leather interior to Max's Car Wash shop for washing. While there she was advised to do an extra service to protect the leather material in the interior. She contacted me via phone and I agreed with the treatment. That same night I received an alert from Bank of America stating that $350.00 was taken from our account that is used primarily by my wife. I do not usually check on this account and do not question her expensives but because we put an alert system for other reasons, I decided to investigate.

My wife recalls that the gentleman in the cash register used the card on a new system via the cell and as she asked for a receipt he instructed that it would go to the phone number that she had provided (which was the home phone and therefore does not receive any email). Then as per her request he used the card again and gave her a receipt from a regular credit card machine.

Noticing the occurance, on the 23rd of February I contacted via phone Max's Car Wash while on a trip to Houston. Mr. Max, himself, spoke with me and assured the problem was going to be solved on the following Monday - 25th of February.

I have contacted his office several times and left messages which were never returned. Needless to say my money is not back in the account almost a month after the episode (03/13/13). I have also sent two certified letter to Max's Car Wash and the first one returned because the address printed on his card does not exist according to the post office and the second one Max's Car Wash refused the letter.

I do have full intension of pursuing legal matters against this company as well as informing the public about the stealing practices I was a part of. Max's Car Wash is a malicious and thief business!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2013 06:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maxs-Car-Wash/Hallandale-Florida-33009/Maxs-Car-Wash-Double-and-over-charged-3500-35000-for-a-wash-and-leather-detail-Ha-1028343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Max's Car Wash