Complaint Review: Maxtor (Seagate)

• Submitted: Tue, February 21, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, February 21, 2012

• Reported By: Robert — Lake Worth Florida United States of America
Maxtor (Seagate)
10200 S. De Anza Blvd Cupertino, Florida United States of America

Maxtor (Seagate) Seagate Technology Click free Cupertino, Florida

I have a small wedding and photography business. It is VERY IMPORTANT that I be able to back up the pictures taken by my photographers of the weddings we are under contract for. I have purchased several Maxtor back up hard drives and kept them at multiple (3) locations.

My problem with this is that when you purchase a new Maxtor back up drive, the old one is not compatible with the new backup drive software. You must uninstall the old software to use the new drive. So you need to do this every time you wish to back up the wedding pictures of our clients.

The old drive must be uninstalled to use the new drive, then uninstall the new drive to use the old drive software.  Why in the world would you not have something compatible with older models? Yes I went online and downloaded the newest software updates from their website and one drive quit working.

My last 1 Terra byte drive scanned my computer and said all the files were backed up and it did not see or back up the last wedding we did. So now it does not even work.

This is truly a royal pain and is something that you would expect Microsoft to do. Seagate tech bought Maxtor and this is a problem for me. I have PC compatible systems and by no means am I an expert nor a complete fool with the computer. My photographer uses Apple.

I have since given away these drives to friends, since I can not depend upon them. If you want a great backup drive for your computers that works no matter what model - get a Click Free by Storage Appliances. It is almost as easy to use as plugging in a toaster. I have two and they work great.

By the way - I used to work for Seagate at their Delray Beach, South Florida USA repair center is the early 1980's and they were not a great firm to work for. They moved overseas....and took US jobs with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2012 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maxtor-Seagate/Cupertino-Florida-95014/Maxtor-Seagate-Seagate-Technology-Click-free-Cupertino-Florida-842532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maxtor (Seagate)

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC