Complaint Review: May Trucking Company

• Reported By: Working Man — Lonesome Town Internet United States of America
May Trucking Company
4185 BROOKLAKE RD Salem, Oregon United States of America

May Trucking Company DECEPTIVE & MISLEADING Salem, Oregon

May of 2011 I inquired of a May Trucking recruiter in Oregon, as I am a new commercial driver seeking an entry into OTR trucking. After a few days of telephone calls and verification of my previous employment that included past tax returns and bank statements (why?),  my perfect DMV record, and several upbeat conversations with the "recruiter," I was told that I was approved by the "boss"and he had signed my paperwork.

Then I asked, "What's next?" The recruiter told me they still needed to "check my background." I asked, "Why, I thought I was approved?" She responded again that she needed to check my past work history (which had just been verified, remember?) Interestingly part of the past work history was a short term one year attempt in a completely unrelated social work field, i.e. nothing to do with the trucking industry, but where I had three unsuccessful jobs that I exited. Prior to that I had a ten year work history driving a straight flatbed dump truck with no accidents and ticket free.

Anyway the day after the "approval" by the "boss," I received a phone message from the "recruiter" advising me that she was sorry but I was disqualified due to a "bad work history." Thanks but no thanks I say to May Trucking. They lied to me for a reason...probably age discrimination as I am sixty years old, although I look forty-five and bench press two-hundred...or maybe they realized that I was "old enough to know better," since they have a reputation of ripping off twenty-three year-olds who want to be truckers. I discovered that they have a class action suit against them for employee rip-offs and labor violations filed in 2011. They are pieces of dung.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2011 05:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/May-Trucking-Company/Salem-Oregon-/May-Trucking-Company-DECEPTIVE-MISLEADING-Salem-Oregon-733711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on May Trucking Company