Complaint Review: Mayan Palace

• Reported By: Luz — Alabama
Mayan Palace
Nationwide Mexico

Mayan Palace The Bliss Timeshare fraud Cancun Nationwide

*Author of original report: this complaint has been satisfactorily resolved with Vida Vacations

*Consumer Comment: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

*Consumer Comment: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

I bought a Timeshare on 6/16/13 at the Mayan Palace in Riviera Maya. This is where I was told I was purchasing. But my contract states I own in Nuevo Vallarta. I was unaware of this and was not informed. After leaving the presentation and reading my whole contract I became aware of this. Also, I received a sheet of paper that states as a member of VIDA I have incredibly great discounts and extremely low rates with SFX and exchange company. Upon calling SFX there was no such discount. Also the representative at the timeshare informed me that I would be able to exchange with over 50,000 resorts through SFX. Well it turns out after calling SFX they only have about 2,500 resorts available.

I was at this presentation for approximately a little more than 7  hours!!! And after hearing supposedly all the great benefits and all the extras I would receive, I still did not want to purchase and they ask If I would purchase if they trade in my timeshare in Florida. I said I was interested. They brought all the paperwork and then he had me sign my timeshare over to him and then he signed it right back over to me. The whole process, was very confusing. He said he would sell it within 2 or 3 months and by that time I could just pay the whole amount off with the money I received from him selling my Florida Timeshare.

In all, this whole experience was confusing and exhausting. The presentation was supposed to be 90 minutes and it turned out to be over seven hours long. When I was finally able to read my contract, I found the presentation had been very misleading in what I was actually buying.

I believe this was a complete scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2013 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mayan-Palace/nationwide/Mayan-Palace-The-Bliss-Timeshare-fraud-Cancun-Nationwide-1080746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mayan Palace

this complaint has been satisfactorily resolved with Vida Vacations

AUTHOR: Luz M. - ()

this complaint has been satisfactorily resolved with Vida Vacations

Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: SBrittany - ()

The sales tactics are the same for everyone at the Mayan Palace timeshare resorts. Hard sell, disrespectful when you say no, broken promises. DO NOT think for one moment that you have an upper hand...these are professional con artists highly trained to take your money. You have no chance of ever seeing your money again or receiving anything close to the value you were promised. Assume that everything posted by Grupo Mayan and its affiliates is a lie or a scam. Never do business with this company; never buy a mayan palace timeshare scam

Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: ThomasR - ()

I agree with you. My wife and I were blatantly lied to about the mayan palace timeshare membership benefits. We discovered later and have since been trying to get out of the contract; but they don't seem to care at all if the sales people has lied or has given wrongful information; we have stressed this out to their service department but they simply do not care. All they want is to force us to stay. Sooner or later youll probably get a response here from a "Customer Service Representative" trying to apologize and convince you to contact them, DO NOT trust them! they are not able to do anything regarding  of your problem, they just want to "clean" their terrible reputation