Complaint Review: Mayer Of Westchester Inc (volkswagon)

• Submitted: Fri, March 05, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, May 20, 2004

• Reported By:Pelham New York
Mayer Of Westchester Inc (volkswagon)
2020 Boston Post Road Larchmont, New York U.S.A.

Mayer Of Westchester & Volkswagon Of America ripoff Larchmont New York

*Consumer Comment: you are out of the bumper to bumper

I have a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta. The monsoon car radio keeps shutting off after I go over a bump. I called the service dept the same day that this happened which was 3/1/04. They told me to bring it in on 3/3/04. After 3hrs of waiting I finally asked Jim Westbrook the service manager what's goin on? He said "we just found out you have a quater in the back of the radio". I askd how can he determine if they didn't open it up. He said by the way it sounds. He sent me home laughing and saying that i think my radio is a bank.

Anyways i called the cooperate office and Mr. Martin the supervisor states they stand by there technician's word 100%. Nobody wants to help fix the radio. The owner of Mayer whose name is Angelo Lopane screamed at me saying that I have to purchase another radio for $900.00 or drive around untill it eventually dies out. What kind of answer is that. I need help and they just want me to spend the $900.00 after I already spent $26,00.00. That's a rip off.

Lorieann
Pelham, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2004 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mayer-Of-Westchester-Inc-volkswagon/Larchmont-New-York-10538/Mayer-Of-Westchester-Volkswagon-Of-America-ripoff-Larchmont-New-York-82926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mayer Of Westchester Inc (volkswagon)

you are out of the bumper to bumper

AUTHOR: RICHARD - (U.S.A.)

If you haven,t taken the car to another dealer, you need to. Unless you are out of the bumper to bumper warr. the radio should be covered.
sound like you had some guy thinking dumb woman.