Complaint Review: Mayors Auto Mall

• Reported By: thankful — Internet United States of America
Mayors Auto Mall
5615 Northern Boulevard Woodside, New York United States of America

Mayors Auto Mall Prices listed are not true prices - Woodside, New York

*Consumer Comment: Even if the ad contains a typo...

*Consumer Comment: Very shady!

*Consumer Comment: Looks suspicious

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Completely untrue...read further please

Be warned - the price listed on their craigslist posts are NOT the true prices of the vehicles.  Those prices are only effective if you finance through the dealer (who knows at what cost or interest rate)  I went in prepared to give them a check for full asking price listed on the ad (check was through my own private loan) and was told that if I want to buy the car that way, I would need to give them an additional $3,995!!!

The ad does not state at all that this is the process to purchase the car. Nor do they state financing must be done through dealer.  I even called before making the drive from another state to purchase the car I was interested in.  On the phone call, I asked about the price, even then I was not told about the extra cost if I wanted to buy it outright.  That means the car, in effect is almost four thousand dollars more than the ad!!!!

After speaking to mulitple people there, including a manager (George Ballas) they will not change the ad, they claim the ad is accurate, and blame any typo's on craigslist (even though the individual doing the post creates the ad - craigslist just hosts it). [continued below]....

.....

I would never do business with dishonest and deceiving people.  I hope this report spares at least one person the pain and inconvenience of being lied to BEFORE they purchase from here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2010 11:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mayors-Auto-Mall/Woodside-New-York-11377/Mayors-Auto-Mall-Prices-listed-are-not-true-prices-Woodside-New-York-621043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mayors Auto Mall

Even if the ad contains a typo...

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

If the company that posted the ad is made aware and will not make the corrections, it is considered false advertising. Now bait and switch is one thing, and can sometimes be difficult to file a charge because variations of it have loopholes, but false advertising is as far as I know, illegal in every state.

I suggest this dealership make the corrections or pull the ad if they believe Craigslist made the typos. Personally I have never heard of Criagslist editing an ad, but I have heard of them pulling an ad if it violates their terms, which are very liberal. I believe the author of the ad is responsible for it's content regardless.

Very shady!

AUTHOR: New Yorker - (United States of America)

I agree that the ad is misleading.  I read what they called a $3,995 down payment.  Since when is a down payment over and above the asking price?  I would also have expected to pay the price they were asking for and that the down payment would be deducted from what I owe.  I won't be buying any cars from this place!

Looks suspicious

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

I read the ad and saw a $12,995 price tag and none of the "terms" you mentioned.   I seriously doubt that you'd reallly sell a well equipped 1 yr. old Prius for less than wholesale (unless it's got some serious problems).  Doesn't pass the smell test.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Completely untrue...read further please

AUTHOR: Mayors Auto Mall - (United States of America)

It is unfortunate that someone would file something like this about our company.  We strive on 100% customer satisfaction and always stand behind our customers (even after the sale).  We have full disclosure on all of our advertisements, which clearly state pricing and terms.  This customer did not bother to read but wanted to purchase the vehicle for the price that she had in her mind. She wasn't even willing to give us any information so that we could calculate taxes...etc.  She actually was very rude to my salesperson and manager.  Quite honestly, I wouldn't like to sell a vehicle to someone that acts that way, regardless of price!!