• Report: #206510

• Reported By:Abbotsford British Columbia
Maytag Amana
31667 S Fraser Way Abbotsford, British Columbia Canada

Maytag Amana can't level a washer or level with me! Abbotsford British Columbia

*Consumer Comment: Next time, go with "the Light Bulb"

*Consumer Comment: they will never level

We purchased a stainless steel tub washer in 2003 as a gift for our daughter. Buying a Maytag to get the best we thought. Here is her story.

It has an "automatic" levelling system. This means that at the back there are no little feet to adjust. This is really too bad because it never did level properly. I phoned the dealer and told him this but his response was "its automatic, follow the instructions and it is level". I had and so had their installer.

So this "helpful" dealer said "you must be loading it wrong". After 30 years of loading machines with no problems I didn't think so. Well says he "it must be level, its automatic!" I was getting nowhere but mad so I said " Well, I guess we'll talk when the bearings etc. wear out".

It was noisy from the start and by 2006 it was leaking and grinding. So out came the repair man. I have the huge box of parts (they said $350 worth-they paid for parts) and $300 bill for labour on a pretty new machine (I paid). Guess that adds up to a new machine. I told him it never had levelled properly. He said "It's automatic!" Really says I. Well I have a good old level right here and you take a look.

After numerous phone calls they agreed to replace the "automatic" levelling system. I told them I really just wanted a new machine since I had already paid twice. I tried to get the little adjustable feet but this design model doesn't allow it. I paid another $68 service. It still doesn't stay level - the drum tips off to the back when it fills with water and of course, it makes noise. I can go and pull it forward inside but it seems to me that an automatic machine shouldn't need me to stop it mid--cycle. I'm tired of talking to them but I was really glad to find your site and find out I was not alone in thinking that Maytag is really crummy.

Bill
Abbotsford, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2006 12:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maytag-Amana/Abbotsford-British-Columbia-V2T-3L4/Maytag-Amana-cant-level-a-washer-or-level-with-me-Abbotsford-British-Columbia-206510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maytag Amana

Next time, go with "the Light Bulb"

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

"the Light Bulb"'s washers are not the most efficient in water use but they are very reliable and they are the gentlest available - clothes can be expensive.

Maytag products are not so hot. This is probably why Maytag was recently sold.

Do you ever read Consumer Reports? It amazes me how many people refuse to read CR, and CR is the only unbiased source of factual information and test results available. I don't always agree with CR, but I always read their reports.

AUTHOR: George - (U.S.A.)

Sorry that you got stuck with this lemon but I can tell you as a serviceman that it will never not shake always will make noise and in a little over a year the tub seal and bearing will fail again. I have installed over 200 seals in less than 100 machines in a two year time frame. Your first seal lasted longer than average