Complaint Review: Maytag Corporation A Division Of Whirlpool Corporation

• Submitted: Sun, December 09, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, December 09, 2007

• Reported By:Old Fort North Carolina
Maytag Corporation A Division Of Whirlpool Corporation
2000 North M-63 Benton Harbor, Michigan U.S.A.

Maytag Corporation A Division Of Whirlpool Corporation False Advertising, defective products, poor engineering Benton Harbor Michigan

I purchased a "top-of-the line" clothes washer from Maytag because I was lead to believe that they produced a superior product. After two years of average use the product began seriously leaking from the main seal. I spent $60.00 to have a factory qualified service person tell me that it would cost me $375.00 for parts and labor to repair this unit.

After several calls, e-mails, and letters the best that Maytag would offer me is either sending me $75.00 in repair parts or a 20% rebate on a new Maytag washer. Considering that I could purchase a different brand for less than the repair cost I do not feel that any of their offers were fiscally sound.

Maytag has expended huge sums of advertising budget to convince consummers that their products are above average quality, in fact their own representative told me their life expectancy was 12 years.

After two years of serving the needs of two people I do not feel that my Maytag washer provided a standard of service comensurate with reasonable expectations nor the standard of service that they advertise.

Hugh
Old Fort, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2007 07:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maytag-Corporation-A-Division-Of-Whirlpool-Corporation/Benton-Harbor-Michigan-49022/Maytag-Corporation-A-Division-Of-Whirlpool-Corporation-False-Advertising-defective-produc-290174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maytag Corporation A Division Of Whirlpool Corporation