Complaint Review: Maytag Neptune Washer

• Submitted: Mon, November 30, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, November 30, 2009

• Reported By: Wilma — Enid Oklahoma United States of America
Maytag Neptune Washer

Maytag Neptune Washer Found Out Washer Is A Fire Hazard, Can Get Nobody To Help Me! Internet

Washer is only 2 years old; it replaced 1 neptune already that was defective. Quit working 3 weeks ago; called the company. They informed me that a part on the washer had been recalled; it was a surge protector that may or may not have been installed on the washer and that if it wasn't on there it was a fire hazard. We had the registered with Maytag and asked why we were not notified about this and were told that it was probably lost in the mail. So this entire time I was using a washing machine that could have set my house on fire because it may not have had the correct part on it to prevent it from overheating. The only way that we would know for sure was for them to mail the part out to me and for me to call a techinician out if the part wasn't on there than it wouldn't cost me anything to put it on there but if it was and had burned out or was anything else than it would cost me. Fine I could live with that. I wait until today and still no part, my washing machine is just sitting here starting to mildew because I can't unlock the door because it broke in the middle of a cycle so now I'm also out a load of clothes as well as gas and change from running back and forth to the laundry mat to wash clothes. So I call them again this morning. Now they tell me SURPRISE its not a recall but a part replacement! They also inform that it's my fault that I didn't get the part because they sent out the cards to let me know which I never received. Don't waste your time, money or effort with this company. Invest in a different company that actually treats their customers like they matter and try to help after they spend their hard earned money on their product. I will never buy from Maytag again nor will I recomend them to anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2009 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maytag-Neptune-Washer/internet/Maytag-Neptune-Washer-Found-Out-Washer-Is-A-Fire-Hazard-Can-Get-Nobody-To-Help-Me-Inter-530771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maytag Neptune Washer