• Report: #151941

• Submitted: Sun, July 31, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, July 31, 2005

• Reported By:crawfordville Florida
Maytag
240 Edwards Street Cleveland, Tennessee U.S.A.

Maytag ripoff Cleveland Tennessee

Maytag needs to recall all their 2002 digital neptune dryers and I am here to help that happen.

I purchased a Maytag Neptune Dryer in 2002 for 700.00 and a one year warranty for 80.00. One year later my digital touch control panel failed parts and labor estimated at 550.00.

I was able to have the part replaced at no cost.
Today in 2005 I have the same problem and made a stunning discovery. The digital control panel has water in it. I called Sears repair center where it was purchased and they said the part and labor would run me 550.00 but I could purchase a service plan for 200.00 that will send a technician out and replace any part up to 500.00 including a one year warranty or give me store credit. The salesperson indicated this was a new program. I paid the 200.00 and will not see a repair technician for 2 weeks. In the meantime my beef is water in a electronic component is a defect otherwise it would have been made with the proper seals to seal out moisture. My utility room is indoors but many in Florida where I live have them outdoors in the humidity. So I find it hard to beleive I am the only person having this trouble please help to aid in the improvement of Maytag digital products. Digital dryers are a great concept but my wallet can not take the mistakes.

Nicole
crawfordville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2005 04:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maytag/Cleveland-Tennessee-37311/Maytag-ripoff-Cleveland-Tennessee-151941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maytag