Complaint Review: Maytag

• Submitted: Sat, September 24, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, September 24, 2005

• Reported By:Cass City Michigan
Maytag
703 W. 4th Street N. Po Box 39 Newton, Iowa U.S.A.

Maytag ripoff, misdesigned washer, Newton Iowa

Husband and I purchased a Maytag Alantis washer after a house fire. Our model is a 2003. We our experiencing the same defects as all the other complaints. The clothes are still very wet when the cycle gets done and there is still soap in the clothes.

We went with all Maytag appliances after the rebuild of our home.

The washer was a bad mistake. But just like everyone else we can not afford to go and buy a different one. There has been times that I have just taken my clothes to the laundrymat. I have three children and it's a pain in the !!! Exspecially when you have a brand new washer that you paid good money for that you can not use. Unless you want to wash only a few items at a time.

We have not called in a repair man yet. My husband finally got tierd of my complaining and started to do some searching for a new belt and he came across the rip off reports and all the same problems that we are having with ours. And our warranty is also done and we can not afford someone to come and TRY to fix it.

Lori
Cass City, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2005 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maytag/Newton-Iowa-50208/Maytag-ripoff-misdesigned-washer-Newton-Iowa-158185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maytag