• Report: #102085

• Reported By:Vancouver Washington
Maytag
www.maytag.com Internet U.S.A.

Maytag Shotty product, customer service and warranty. Rip-off! Cleveland

6 months after my Maytag Atlantis purchase I have all the problems mentioned by the others. Bleach spots, not cycling, clothes wet at end of spin cycle, noisy, fabric softner not rinsed out as well as soap. This machine SUCKS! I had repair man *that MAYTAG SENT HIM* at my doorstep 8 months after I purchased it when I was told by repair man that he couldn't duplicate the problem but it might be the timer or the transmission because that has been a common problem with this machine.

He would try the timer first. He also stated I'll write on the invoice that I can't duplicate the problem and that should extend your warranty by a couple of months after experation if we can't remedy the problem. NEVER SAW THE MAN AGAIN! No New timer no nothing. One year and 3 months after purchase of washing machine the transmission is out and needs to be replaced. I have to pay for the labor and The belt required to go with new transmission. Because Belts are not considered under the 2nd year "ALL PARTS" warranty.

Maytag has yet to respond to my formal and informal complaints. I am disgusted that I could be so sucked in to their propoganda. When it comes to Maytag the expression you get what you pay for still holds true. I PAID A SH** LOAD AND I GOT A PIECE OF SH**!. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A CLASS ACTION AGAINST THIS WORTHLESS COMPANY!

Shellynda
Vancouver, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2004 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maytag/internet/Maytag-Shotty-product-customer-service-and-warranty-Rip-off-Cleveland-102085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maytag