Complaint Review: Maytag

• Updated: Mon, June 23, 2008

• Reported By:Torrance California
Maytag.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Maytag Maytag Atlantis Washer All Washed Up Benton Harbor MI

January 2005 bought a matching washer and dryer set of Maytag Atlantis products. June 2008 repair man announced that the transmissions in these model are defective and we were lucky it lasted as long as it did thats the good news, bad news it cost more to repair than it would to buy a new machine. After researching the internet it is apparent that this is an issue for a number of people who own the Atlantis and that Maytag was not doing anything to resolve the issue. Prior to buying this modle I owned a Maytag washer for twenty years four children and several relocations It was awesome and dependable nothing was wrong with it when we decided to purchase a new one, we wanted more features and since the kids were grown and gone we thought we would treat ourselves to something special. We bought a new machine the same day the repair man gave us the bad news I searched the Internet and found that speedqueen has a good reputation for customer care and product satisfaction so that is what we purchased. I am not sure what has happened to the corp./companies in this country but I will be very very careful on how I spend my hard earned money in the future...its hard to say good by to some of the old tried and trues but they are NOT the same anymore you can't trust anyone anymore what have we come to?

Torrance, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2008 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maytag/nationwide/Maytag-Maytag-Atlantis-Washer-All-Washed-Up-Benton-Harbor-MI-343134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maytag