Complaint Review: Maytag

• Updated: Thu, August 21, 2014

• Reported By: Kim — Crawford, Nebraska
Nationwide USA

Maytag Re-Call Cleveland, TN Nationwide

My rip-off is that we bought 5 maytag appliances. First we were to get a Rebate of $700.00 for buy 5.  It took 7 times for me to re-mail in the information to get our re-bate after almost a year we did get it.  2 days after the warrenty went out on the frig., we had to have a service call, and the mother board in the refg. was bad and had to buy a new mother board. I then had trouble with the washing machine & my stove. The service man told me that the reason everything was burning in my oven as, when set at 350 it was cooking at 380. My real BIG complaint is they re-called my dishwasher, as it had a FIRE hassard. They were catching on fire. We were told that they MAYTAG would give us a rebate to buy a new dishwasher, at whitch we had to spend at least $499.99 to get a $150.00 rebate or 699.99 and above to get a $ 250.00 rebate! I think that was wrong! I think they should have given us a new dishwasher totally! Why should I have to buy a new dishwasher when it wasn't my fault that they company made a dishwasher that catches on FIRE. I think most american families would agree. The reason we bought Maytag to begin with is their ads on T.V. state the Maytag man is sleeping! : Meaning no repairs needed for Maytag appliances.   This is really unfair to the consumer!!!!!!! I do not have the money to keep pouring into a service man or to keep buying new appliances.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2014 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Maytag/nationwide/Maytag-Re-Call-Cleveland-TN-Nationwide-1171345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Maytag